XF 1.4 xenforo and wordpress

Maxxamillion

When setting up wordpress it states i need to create a new SQL database but i want to use my xenforo database for both wordpress and XF when installing wordpress and for the setup would i just add my current database details to link both together or would that not work?

i understand i need the bridge to utilize both together but im talking about a database point of view, i dont want 2 seperate user bases

You need to use a separate database, or the xf and wordpress tables will be mixed together - and that'll all of the content.

I'm assuming the bridge you use will use both databases, you'll just need to set them up.

Liam

You need to use a separate database, or the xf and wordpress tables will be mixed together - and that'll all of the content.

I'm assuming the bridge you use will use both databases, you'll just need to set them up.

Liam
so users would not need to sign up twice? 1 for wordpress section and 1 for XF forum

I'm creating a new site that will use the merged user database from two other sites. Can I use the bridge to allow these users to be automatically logged in to the associated Wordpress theme?

Top Bottom