XenForo and Internet Explorer

It's nothing to do with server load. IE is a crap browser due to its ancient trident rendering engine which has been in use in IE since IE4 (1997). It doesn't have to be necessarily your most popular forum, but maybe there's some content in that forum that is popular in search results. It certainly accounts for one of the largest number of page views if that's what the middle column is.

If a load of people who haven't visited that page before are hitting it for the first time then it would be slower than your regular members. It would be slower because their browser is caching stuff like your CSS, images, javascript all for the first time. And this, unfortunately, is known to be slow in Internet Explorer (in general, not XF specific).

If you want to have fun, try to make old IE browsers compatible with png transparency. You will then understand what the word 'slow' means.
Old versions of IE are a nightmare for developers and for users, but they are old... and outdated. The real nightmare is that some users still use them.

The real nightmare is that some users still use them.

A lot of my users login from work and don't have a choice. IE is still the most used browser.....

Well, not much I can do about it, I guess! I installed Chris's browser update thingy and will put a little warning in my forum hints section.

Top Bottom