xenForo 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious about something. I'm looking to do a fairly major re-write of the main add-on I have on one of my sites. I know that 3.0 is said to be a breaking upgrade but also that it's supposed to be just 2.3 with a style upgrade.

So, my question is, am I safe to go on with the re-write of my add-on after 2.3 is out? Once 3.0 comes out would I only be editing templates or will I have to re-write a lot of the back-end stuff too? I'm assuming, because y'all are doing 2.3 then 3.0, that I'm safe to do it like that too, but I wanted to be clear so I don't spend a few months writing code just to have to do a majority of it again several months down the road for 3.0.

Reactions: FTL
There aren't usually major breaking changes in second point updates and it sounds to me, based on questions asked, that the primary breaking changes with 3.0 will be with the style and templates, which is the only reason why we're getting a 3.0 instead of a 2.3.1 or 2.4 with the style update.

Pretty sure the only thing that was changing in version 3 was the style.
I picked this up in the first have you seen for xf 2.3 as @Kier said it. Unless @Chris D has anything else to add.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom