Xenforo 2 addons categorization

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that case, there's no problem.

The developers have just decided it's not something they wish to implement.

It's just one niche suggestion amongst hundreds, which will also never be implemented.

dont want to discredit the work of the developers but if it takes 20 years for forum developers to make "Can set himself as invisible" (per usergroup) a core feature, than there is a problem ..
That's what you were doing though. Discrediting our work. You said there's been only minor changes since XF 1.5 was released in 2015 and then you said our current product is ugly.

You're entitled to that opinion, of course, but please don't disingenuously claim you "don't want to discredit" our work when that's exactly what you are doing.

That's what you were doing though. Discrediting our work. You said there's been only minor changes since XF 1.5 was released in 2015 and then you said our current product is ugly.

You're entitled to that opinion, of course, but please don't disingenuously claim you "don't want to discredit" our work when that's exactly what you are doing.
customers have the right to criticize/evaluate any products they buy.
Bottom line is that IN MY OPINION the current status of xf2 ( default features and looks) doesnt justify the effort and money i have to spend in order to upgrade and end up having LESS functionality with fewer available addons which most of them are not free.

Last edited:
customers have the right to criticize/evaluate any products they buy.
Bottom line is that IN MY OPINION the current status of xf2 ( default features and looks) doesnt justify the effort and money i have to spend in order to upgrade and end up having LESS functionality with fewer available addons which most of them are not free.
You are less criticizing, and more being offensive to the XF devs and add-on developers.

There are 66 pages out of 119 that are free for XF2, that is more than half of the add-ons available for free. A large portion of the paid add-ons are also bulk subscriptions (Andy and a few others), and the majority of those add-ons are still maintained.

There are a lot more free add-ons for XF1... But it also around and maintained for 8 years. A large portion of paid add-ons have been removed as most of the existing resource providers aren't going to maintain such an out dated version of XenForo.

The majority of add-ons for XF2 are way higher in quality than what was available for XF1, as are the styles.

@Chris D the fact the widgets can not be set as to which usergroups can see/not see is that nonsense too ? or is it just another "useless" feature where u need to buy an extra addon ? i guess to u its more important to make "Can change username" a usergroup option instead of that right ?

If u dont mind explain me the logic behind that decision (that the admin can not control who has access to the widgets). its great that widgets are now a part of the core, but which usergroups/users has (or has not) access to the widgets is not. what kind if irrational thinking is this ?

Last edited:
Reactions: XKO
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom