Xenforo 2.2 release

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last HYS of the 1.5 series was "Assorted Improvements". The last one for 2.1 was the same. (2.0 had only one thread and not a series of announcements)
So, I believe it is very likely that today's HYS was the last one for the core.
There might be HYS threads for the official addons though.

The final (?) table.

MondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturdaySunday
Jun 1Jun 2Jun 3Jun 4Jun 5Jun 6Jun 7
✓ - 15:00 ✓ - 15:03✓ - 15:17
Jun 8Jun 9Jun 10Jun 11Jun 12Jun 13Jun 14
✓ - 13:57✓ - 15:25✓ - 15:35
Jun 15Jun 16Jun 17Jun 18Jun 19Jun 20Jun 21
✓ - 19:46✓ - 16:56✓ - 14:50
Jun 22Jun 23Jun 24Jun 25Jun 26Jun 27Jun 28
✓ - 17:13??
Jun 29Jun 30Jul 1Jul 2Jul 3Jul 4Jul 5
???

Well, If I had XFMG, I would feel the same :D. The whole stuff around attachments needs a real big overhaul but I believe that these things won't be addressed in the current HYS. But who knows.

I disabled XFMG because users were divided between two sections.

If we could just post the same gallery/videos in threads, it's a lot easier for members to navigate.

My typical readers is usually 50+, so I need to keep that in mind and keep it all simple.

You can always stay on 2.1
Nothing to do with versions, just a disappointment with the new features that really do nothing to improve the forum industry or Xenforo for that mater, quite honestly. Patiently waiting for a forum software that goes in the mobile app direction which is what needs to happen.

Last edited:
Nothing to do with versions, just a disappointment with the new features that really do nothing to improve the forum industry or Xenforo for that mater, quite honestly. Patiently waiting for a forum software that goes in the mobile app direction which is what needs to happen.
I used to think this, but then I was like, "Hmm... if Google Play and App Store can reject GAB (free speech Twitter with controversy) and not let users choose... who's to say they won't pull my community if it gets canceled?"

PWA and if iOS adds that standard is pretty much ideal (apart from PWA supporting all add ons).

Don't wanna get political, but watch someone post something offensive to your forum, it archived, and a mob come to take your app down. Apologize all ya want, but your app ain't coming back. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom