Xenforo 2.2 release

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I am right there have been 10 HYS for 2.1 with the Developer news not being the last one.
So far we've seen 9 for 2.,1, so I'd expect at least one further :)

Reactions: sbj
They haven't touched on MG and RM and said forum was first. I'd imagine the peak of core was Wed since today's was not a banger (lol) and next week is various core and add-ons. Just a guess. ;)

Actually I take that back. There should be one more real banger. A re-do of What's New. Imagine how messy it will be with widgets of all the new content types. We need an integrated stream (with posts, media, resources, profile posts, etc.) with some cool indicators (article indicator, etc.) instead of "this is an article block" or just mixed in with posts like a normal post. Maybe there's another one today and the video is still uploading. ;)

Last edited:
I guess everyone has different "pain points" that he'd like to see adressed, for me that would be better integration of XFMG, better handling of images (WebP support, responsive images, support for different sceen sizes/device density) and improved client side performance (-> web vitals).
Though I have some doubts that I'll see those in 2.2 :)

I guess everyone has different "pain points" that he'd like to see adressed, for me that would be better integration of XFMG, better handling of images (WebP support, responsive images, support for different sceen sizes/device density) and improved client side performance (-> web vitals).
Though I have some doubts that I'll see those in 2.2 :)
Well, If I had XFMG, I would feel the same :D. The whole stuff around attachments needs a real big overhaul but I believe that these things won't be addressed in the current HYS. But who knows.

I'm just hoping they bring back the option for members to choose the default sorting on their personal albums in XFMG. I've been pretty happy with everything else that has been added...I'm pretty easy to please...haha!

For the last HYS entry..

Some innovation to the What's New page and especially how we deliver good content to users right away when they visit the website for the first time. Showcasing our most important content on the best way possible, on one page. So that users want to register and participate. So I think the importance of a page like this is underestimated.

So not like the forum index. I like the forum index, but many new and younger users don't see that as a useful page. They use things like Reddit, and there you can instantly see good content and dive right into it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

MondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturdaySunday
Jun 1Jun 2Jun 3Jun 4Jun 5Jun 6Jun 7
✓ - 15:00 ✓ - 15:03✓ - 15:17
Jun 8Jun 9Jun 10Jun 11Jun 12Jun 13Jun 14
✓ - 13:57✓ - 15:25✓ - 15:35
Jun 15Jun 16Jun 17Jun 18Jun 19Jun 20Jun 21
✓ - 19:46✓ - 16:56✓ - 14:50
Jun 22Jun 23Jun 24Jun 25Jun 26Jun 27Jun 28
???
Jun 29Jun 30Jul 1Jul 2Jul 3Jul 4Jul 5
???

giphy-downsized.gif

• Haha
Reactions: sbj
And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My friends, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case of which I'm certain
I've lived a life that's full
I traveled each and every highway forum
And more, much more than this
I did it my way with XenFooooro

Perhaps it is like last Monday with a late occurrence or this is the end :(. It was nice while it lasted and nice knowing you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom