XenForo 2.0 - 2 questions

If you get it right the first time round... you don't need to continuously add more crap to the original build, but instead give paying customers more value by building further additions / products to the original core which are optional... why continuously extend something if it doesn't require it? Isn't that how VB and IPB became such total clusters in the first place with so many features, people now as a priority begin stripping them out / removing as much crap as possible due to the lack of speed they have due to all this nonsense being added.
I highly doubt that you'll be seeing any "crap" added to XenForo. ;)

I highly doubt that you'll be seeing any "crap" added to XenForo. ;)
Hope so Peggy... User demands and then business itself, tends to dictate that some form of improvement must be made in order to continually sell and make money... I think some new thinking around this necessary logic need take place with this one... where best to continuously make money vs. destroying the product by making it slow and cumbersome due to constant user requests.

I am hoping most things on this are done via products, not core features... ie. XF make default products available that are plugable vs. bloating the core product itself in order to stay in business.

Still like to see Paid Subscription (if it exists) as being part of cart system and created by the Developers and maybe have addon to purchase...example: Shipping
  • Free Trial(time base) with limited access to board and options.
  • Purchase preselected option for regular 'Usergroup Membership' (time, access, options)
  • Purchase additional option within that 'Usergroup Membership'
  • You can only join a 'Usergroup' or new 'Usergroup' if you recieve a generated code from Administrator.
  • Cart will have shop like features to sell tangible products.
  • Simple Ad System
If I post this enough... I might get more reaction to it...

I bet they HAVE seen it. I know some people would find that useful, but this is a forum software not e-commerce software. I think a cart system belongs as a mod to the software, I mean they already have some payment options built into the core. And only once the forum software is stable and usable. I'm not saying it's not a good idea, but you can't push an idea down the throats of Kier and Mike. They have enough things to work on right now and posting the same idea a bunch of times is really just a waste of your time and the developers time.
I'm extremely sorry if this sounded rude, but the way it'll get more reaction is if the developers see that it's a must needed feature.

I jus want WYSWYG editor on da Pages.
I KNOW some people don't want one but some of us DO>
I use Logician's templates soooo much and we really depend on the speed of WYSWYG for fast updates on our shared collaboration Pages/ plus mods with no html and no time to learn it.

Plus I need my worktracker mod.

But both these needs are fine as mods for me. I'll just be happily interested as all the rest unrolls over the coming year.

Still like to see Paid Subscription (if it exists) as being part of cart system and created by the Developers and maybe have addon to purchase...example:
I agree... if the core is as robust and easy to work with as they're saying, then I think all these ventures are worthy direct from xenforo development themselves... and sold as plugable products. The money is in quality products in conjunction with the core product itself. Look at IPB... people didn't hover towards it just because of its forum capabilities, but instead because their providing a range of quality plugable products at a cheap price based around the core forum product. The more products IMHO the company makes, then the better the overall product is and wealth creation of the company itself.

And to enhance my above thoughts... between two suggestion forums there are 50+ pages of suggestions, with only 5 pages of implemented suggestions. This is where others went wrong... trying to give to much, and I am really glad to see only 5 pages of implemented suggestions, and hopefully rarely see that grow... but more they become products in the mod repository or official xenforo plugable optional products.

Anthony, I think there should be more enhancements yet to come. There are some extremely basic features still missing and are being worked on. One example is the missing lightbox, and another (I believe) is the missing quote button in the editor.

I do agree that the forum should not morph into something unwieldy though.

Ive always seen the suggestions forums as more or less a jumping off point for mod makers.
If you want to create a new mod that will be popular but dont have one in mind... just browse those two forums and find a bevy of things that will have built in audiences.

wyswyg editor for Pages
click link on Page to open page content as a box like fprum message
permission to use by usergroup or user

there were several of us interested in that

Top Bottom