1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XenForo 2.0 - 2 questions

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by AmericanForum.com, Sep 28, 2010.

1. AmericanForum.com

AmericanForum.com Well-Known Member

1. What do you consider VITAL for the next version of XF ?

2. How SOON do you need this feature(s) ?

2. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

but... but... but... we're just now releasing BETA. :eek:

Vincent, Doctor, Dragonfly and 2 others like this.
  3. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Perhaps a little premature, considering 1.0 isn't out yet? I like your forward thinking though.

4. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

This... is really early, isn't it? And why couldn't some things be in version 1.1, for example? For most cases, 2.0 (or any major version) usually occurs with a massive rewrite of the entire base of the software. XF is built with a modern approach, making a rewrite not needed for a few years from now, if at all depending on how they've set the software up.

Peggy likes this.
  5. projectego

projectego Active Member

I'm happy with the wealth of features that are presently available in XenForo. I'm in no race for anything additional to be included.

Peggy likes this.
  6. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

Version 1 will be sold to a huge company and we will be offered at a special pre-sale price for version 2, site unseen with promises of greatness.
    After using v2 for almost a year of disappointments a new forum package will surface.
    That forum will be known as ZenForum.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. Or something like that.

7. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member

BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!!

8. Facepalmx2

Facepalmx2 Active Member

The OP is ridiculous... :rolleyes:

9. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Naw not ridiculous, just.... eager....

11. Crazyfruitbat

Crazyfruitbat Well-Known Member

nah - not even worth thinking about - we have no idea what the guys have in store for 1.0 version let alone planning for the future releases. This aint VB5 you know ;)

12. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

I just hope the posting/text input box or whateva (the thing I'm typing this post into right now!) has been changed/updated for 1.0

13. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

In 2.0 Id expect to see at least 1 product selling separately. Maybe an e-commerce solution, downloads product, gallery or a cms.

14. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Just remember one thing, this is only a first release. The "ground floor", per se.

I know that Kier and Mike have alot of ideas, plans, and schemes, up their collective sleeves, and I think that you'll find each release both fun and exciting.
    (and quick!).

Dan likes this.
  15. Greg

Greg Active Member

That sounds a bit ominous.

Well in time for Halloween.

16. Floris

Floris Guest

If I don't get any info about XenForo version 12, I am OUTTAH here. :p

Dragonfly and TrixieTang like this.
  17. Miko

Miko Well-Known Member

I'm with you on this one Floris, I have already packed my bags and ready to leave!!!

18. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Not ominous. EXCITING! [​IMG]

*sits on Miko*

19. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

If you get it right the first time round... you don't need to continuously add more crap to the original build, but instead give paying customers more value by building further additions / products to the original core which are optional... why continuously extend something if it doesn't require it? Isn't that how VB and IPB became such total clusters in the first place with so many features, people now as a priority begin stripping them out / removing as much crap as possible due to the lack of speed they have due to all this nonsense being added.

erich37 and Forsaken like this.
  20. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

TBH, I'm too excited about v1.0 to be thinking about v2. But it is always fun to think about possibilities, :)

Dean likes this.