XenForo 2.0 - 2 questions

This... is really early, isn't it? And why couldn't some things be in version 1.1, for example? For most cases, 2.0 (or any major version) usually occurs with a massive rewrite of the entire base of the software. XF is built with a modern approach, making a rewrite not needed for a few years from now, if at all depending on how they've set the software up.

Version 1 will be sold to a huge company and we will be offered at a special pre-sale price for version 2, site unseen with promises of greatness.
After using v2 for almost a year of disappointments a new forum package will surface.
That forum will be known as ZenForum.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. Or something like that.

Version 1 will be sold to a huge company and we will be offered at a special pre-sale price for version 2, site unseen with promises of greatness.
After using v2 for almost a year of disappointments a new forum package will surface.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. Or something like that.
BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!!

spanking.gif

Just remember one thing, this is only a first release. The "ground floor", per se.

I know that Kier and Mike have alot of ideas, plans, and schemes, up their collective sleeves, and I think that you'll find each release both fun and exciting.
(and quick!).

Just remember one thing, this is only a first release. The "ground floor", per se.

I know that Kier and Mike have alot of ideas, plans, and schemes, up their collective sleeves, and I think that you'll find each release both fun and exciting.
(and quick!).

That sounds a bit ominous.

Well in time for Halloween.

If you get it right the first time round... you don't need to continuously add more crap to the original build, but instead give paying customers more value by building further additions / products to the original core which are optional... why continuously extend something if it doesn't require it? Isn't that how VB and IPB became such total clusters in the first place with so many features, people now as a priority begin stripping them out / removing as much crap as possible due to the lack of speed they have due to all this nonsense being added.

Top Bottom