XF 1.4 XenForo 1.4 Improvements to Replying

XenForo radically improves the ability of your users to reply in a concise, accurate and intuitive way.

Watch the video to find out how.

YouTube / Vimeo

Update: in answer to a question about whether or not this works across multiple pages / threads...
YouTube / Vimeo

Last edited:
I think IE8 compatibility is an interesting issue for Forum software.

At the end of July 2014, IE8 had a market share of 5.22% and is still declining. I do not believe it's worth the effort.

StatCounter-browser_version_partially_combined-ww-monthly-201207-201407 (1).webp

Obviously that is wrong.

From http://www.netmarketshare.com/faq.aspx

We collect data from the browsers of site visitors to our exclusive on-demand network of HitsLink Analytics and SharePost clients. The network includes over 40,000 websites

From http://gs.statcounter.com/faq

Our tracking code is installed on more than 3 million sites globally

StatCounter has a much larger customer base. In addition NetMarketShare tries to measure unique clients, while StatCounter measures web page hits.

5% is not worth much effort.

And, probably only a handful people of those 5% are actually forum users.

This is getting way off topic now.

If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the off topic forum.

I've got to admit, I've not been so keen on the multiquote feature of XF compared to vb3.

However, watching this, the whole revised concept is great. Sold. :)

Anyone having any issues with this feature on their boards? I've had a few members state it doesn't work for them. No "popup" shows for them at all when selecting text, though it works fine on my computer?!

Anyone having any issues with this feature on their boards? I've had a few members state it doesn't work for them. No "popup" shows for them at all when selecting text, though it works fine on my computer?!
I'd ask them if they were sure they were logged in.

Ask them to force reload, maybe the old xenforo js is still cached and loaded on the user.

Yes users are logged in and force reload wouldn't be an issue as we just migrated from vBulletin 3 to Xenforo 1.4 RC1. Though I'll have them give it a go just in case.
Try to ask them if they have adblock installed that may cause problem.

When I was watching this I thought the upcoming version was 1.6 and was wondering why you're showing such old features, then I realised that I've got the version numbers mixed up with MyBB because I was reading a blog post on that on another screen lol.

I'd pass this video along to our members, but I can't have them seeing the admin control panel. We have enough armchair admins around who would start demanding we change settings or enable features they might see in the preview.

I'd do this as screen grabs in an FYI thread, but it shows better with a video. Time to brew something up myself!

I have been too busy to follow the feature discussions here and I actually found this new feature while I was bored (on hold during a phone call), highlighting things on the screen randomly. To say I was amazed was an understatement. :D No others have this (of course, they'll try to copy it now ;) ), and I've wanted something like this for years!

Lovin' it!

Hi there,
I was looking for this functionality and saw it was released in 1.4. My forum is up to date but I don't see the functionality as shown in the demo movie.
Not sure if I'm missing something. If I did, sorry :)

Do I need to turn this functionality 'on' somewhere in the admin part? Thanks in advance!