Xenfor user group database tables

Slind

Hey,

I was wondering when which tables are used and how the secondary group is saved.

1. If I lookup the secondary group in the database it shows me something like this for people which are in two secondary groups:
http://i.imgur.com/7zfR0XL.png
The question is how is this generated or how could I get the read group ids from? I mean I couldn´t find any table where they are specified.

2. The xf_user_group_relation includes the same information as xf_user, so when is which one used and do they need to be synced at all time?

You have show binary as hex checked in your phpMyAdmin settings.
Settings -> Main Panel -> Browse Mode -> Show binary contents as HEX. Uncheck this (and click Apply), and the secondary_group_ids will now be displayed like this: 3,4,8

You have show binary as hex checked in your phpMyAdmin settings.
Settings -> Main Panel -> Browse Mode -> Show binary contents as HEX. Uncheck this (and click Apply), and the secondary_group_ids will now be displayed like this: 3,4,8
ahh thanks.

Any idea about that second table "user_group_relation" when this one is being used ?

Last edited:
ahh thanks.

Any idea about that second table "user_group_relation" when this one is being used ?
This is the main table you should update. xf_user has the secondary user group ids just to speed up the queries at runtime.

Top Bottom