1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenfor user group database tables

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by Slind, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Slind

Slind Active Member

I was wondering when which tables are used and how the secondary group is saved.

1. If I lookup the secondary group in the database it shows me something like this for people which are in two secondary groups:
    The question is how is this generated or how could I get the read group ids from? I mean I couldnĀ“t find any table where they are specified.

2. The xf_user_group_relation includes the same information as xf_user, so when is which one used and do they need to be synced at all time?
  2. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

You have show binary as hex checked in your phpMyAdmin settings.
    Settings -> Main Panel -> Browse Mode -> Show binary contents as HEX. Uncheck this (and click Apply), and the secondary_group_ids will now be displayed like this: 3,4,8
  3. Slind

Slind Active Member

ahh thanks.

Any idea about that second table "user_group_relation" when this one is being used ?
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  4. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

This is the main table you should update. xf_user has the secondary user group ids just to speed up the queries at runtime.
  5. Slind

Slind Active Member

ok, so should I update both or just the one ?
  6. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member