• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

XenDynamic - Wordpress Theme

Thanks, I just needed to recompile php with mb_internal_encoding.
Ummmm ...... what is that ? Can you give others "the skinny" on what you needed to do .... was this an almost expected thing. Generally "recompiling" isn't something the average xenforo admin is familiar with. :)

Ummmm ...... what is that ? Can you give others "the skinny" on what you needed to do .... was this an almost expected thing. Generally "recompiling" isn't something the average xenforo admin is familiar with. :)
The majority of folks if their forum passes the requirements test they won't have to do that. It depends on your host what is involved in doing this and really would be a case by case basis to fix it if they needed it. It's a function that's in the base XenForo install and I'm honestly surprised it never came up on their forum before, but for some reason PHP 5 wasn't compiled with it on their host.

Hey bambua, just wanted to say that this release is awesome. Your original was damn good, but this is awesome and then some. The amount of integration you have managed with Xf with this skin is amazing!

Hi bambua, its awesome.. just imagining if you do the same magic with Joomla! :eek: omg.. that would be killing :LOL:

Hey bambua, just wanted to say that this release is awesome. Your original was damn good, but this is awesome and then some. The amount of integration you have managed with Xf with this skin is amazing!
Thanks for the kind words :D

Hi bambua, its awesome.. just imagining if you do the same magic with Joomla! :eek: omg.. that would be killing :LOL:
I actually haven't done any work at all skinning Joomla before, I'd have to take a look at it and play with it some. Maybe I'll do my next website with it to learn it.

I modified the code for this so you don't need to edit taiga if you don't want to. I uploaded it and replaced the one in the first post. If you get this set up on your site toss me a link I'd like to see it :D

All you need to do is re upload the wordpress theme.

Awesome.. I currently have a very modified theme running on my wordpress with some costum post type.. Now I need to figure out how to get it all ported to XenDynamics, hopefully won't be a pain todo.

Basically what I need to do is customize this http://www.cogumelosmagicos.org/guia-de-racas/psilocybe-cubensis and http://www.cogumelosmagicos.org/racas/psilocybe-cubensis/quila into XenDynamics.. anything I should be aware of before trying this?

Awesome.. I currently have a very modified theme running on my wordpress with some costum post type.. Now I need to figure out how to get it all ported to XenDynamics, hopefully won't be a pain todo.

Basically what I need to do is customize this http://www.cogumelosmagicos.org/guia-de-racas/psilocybe-cubensis and http://www.cogumelosmagicos.org/racas/psilocybe-cubensis/quila into XenDynamics.. anything I should be aware of before trying this?
Not really, just make sure you have XenForo looking the way you want your wordpress installation to look before you start.

Quick question, how do you get pages to show up in the navbar area when on the 'home' tab using this skin?
In wordpress if I visit Appearence > Menus I just get:
"The Theme does not natively support menus, but you can use the 'custom menu;' widget to add any menus you create here to the themes sidebar"
Is there no way to put stuff in the navbar? I can't edit the HTML because it's coming from a xf template. (uness I start using xf conditionals?, bit messy as they would be evaluated on every XF page that used the navbar, not just wordpress)

Quick question, how do you get pages to show up in the navbar area when on the 'home' tab using this skin?
In wordpress if I visit Appearence > Menus I just get:

Is there no way to put stuff in the navbar? I can't edit the HTML because it's coming from a xf template. (uness I start using xf conditionals?, bit messy as they would be evaluated on every XF page that used the navbar, not just wordpress)
That's going to be coming on an update I'm working on now, it will let you set that sub menu for wordpress. I should have it out in the next few days. It'll just be a small upload of the wordpress theme you won't have to make any changes.

Thanks for your quick reply and your continued work on this.

Btw, your first post mentions donations, but no link. Can people send you something via paypal or some similar system?

Thanks for your quick reply and your continued work on this.

Btw, your first post mentions donations, but no link. Can people send you something via paypal or some similar system?
It's my pleasure, I use this on my own site so I figured I'd share with everyone :)

I have to set up the paypal link but if you'd like to, and I'd be most gracious, toss me a PM and I'll send you my e-mail information for paypal.

I have to finish up the RSVP portion of my wedding site so that my fiance doesn't kill me and then I'll be working on this.

I've seen those errors from incomplete uploads.
Try re-uploading everything.

Prepare Xenforo:
In the zip file is a folder named: XenForo Add-on, copy the contents of the upload directory to the root of your XenForo installation.
Go to your admin control panel and install the addon using the file in the XenForo Addon-Folder named: addon-xendynamic.xml.

Prepare Wordpress:
In the zip file is a folder named: Wordpress Theme, copy the contents of the upload directory to the root of your Wordpress installation.
Go to your dashboard as an administrator in Wordpress and click on Appearance->Themes.
Click the Activate link underneath XenDynamic

Make sure the uploads are in the right locations. It is a common error.

As well ....

This applies to you I believe:

Known Issues:
Links might be a little odd if your entire website is in a subdirectory, I've done the best I can to think of all occurences of this but you might experience this.

Try using /../forum

let me know if that works.
I am getting this error:
Warning: require(/home/xxx/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/themes/XenDynamic/includes/../../../..../forum/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxx/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/themes/XenDynamic/includes/xf_integration.php on line 28

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/xxx/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/themes/XenDynamic/includes/../../../..../forum/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxx/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/themes/XenDynamic/includes/xf_integration.php on line 28

Obviously something wrong with the includes/../../../..../forum

I have Xenforo is /forum
I have wordpress 3.2.1 in /wordpress
In the settings I used ../forum

That worked Bambua...This is BRILLIANT...I will be donating/paying for this when I start building my new site...well done Mate!

I am testing the potential of using wordpress for user Blogs and an Article System and the thought of styling it, learning something else, was going to be very time consuming but what you have here will help so many XF owners...thanks

I am testing the XF <-> Wordpress bridge by xfrocks: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/wordpress-3-bridge.5398/ as well

The only immediate thing I find is the breadcrumb wordpress link is MyDomain/wordpress/wordpress

and the link to the wordpress post etc send me back to the forums.

Which is best if I had XF and Wordpress...have XF in the root and Wordpress in a folder or ??? and it is recomended to use the same db for both XF and Wordpress?

It all depends on what you want to do. If you want XF to be your home page have it in the root and wordpress in a sub directory. If you want wordpress to be the root of your site and your portal page have it be in the root of the directory. I always keep them in seperate databases for ease of maintenance and just to keep things seperate.

I usually follow a naming convention like this, if the username on your server is tff, I'll make it like tff_xenforo and tff_wordpress.

Hope that helps.

Oh and I've got a better fix for the breadcrumbs coming when I have the menu release coming out.

### UPDATE 0.2.0 ###

9/18/2011 Changelog
  • Added support for secondary menu using the Wordpress->Appearance->Menu system
Uploaded in the first post.
To come in the next version:

• Some fixes for the breadcrumb
  • Better detection of file location for Xenforo sub system (possibly automatic we'll see :p)
For this update you do not need to update the XenForo addon, just upload the files for the WordPress theme.

Screen Shot 2011-09-18 at 7.42.26 AM.webp

I'm getting the following error...

Fatal error: Class 'RCBD_XenDynamic_FrontController' not found in /home/site/public_html/demo/wp-content/themes/XenDynamic/includes/xf_integration.php on line 36

What am I doing wrong? It must be something basic that I've overlooked

Top Bottom