• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

XenDynamic - Wordpress Theme

bambua

So though I said it in the previous version that it was a dynamic theme I always felt it could be better. This WordPress theme is the result of that work.

DEMO: http://www.defiantminecraft.com

XenDynamic 0.1.0,0.2.0 Installation Instructions

BEFORE PROCEEDING:
Please take a backup of your Wordpress, Xenforo database and files, I don't want to be responsible for you losing data because an installation/implementation goes wrong.

Prepare Xenforo:
In the zip file is a folder named: XenForo Add-on, copy the contents of the upload directory to the root of your XenForo installation.
Go to your admin control panel and install the addon using the file in the XenForo Addon-Folder named: addon-xendynamic.xml.

Prepare Wordpress:
In the zip file is a folder named: Wordpress Theme, copy the contents of the upload directory to the root of your Wordpress installation.
Go to your dashboard as an administrator in Wordpress and click on Appearance->Themes.
Click the Activate link underneath XenDynamic

After you have done this click on the Appearance->Theme Options link.
Fill out the requested information and click save options.

When the add-on was installed it added in 2 .css files as templates, XenDynamic.css and XenDynamicEXTRA.css. XenDynamic.css should only be editted on the master style and will effect the look of your WordPress theme for all styles. The other css sheet, XenDynamicEXTRA.css is what will allow you, when editted for each style to modify the looks of a single style.

The use for this is for if you have small style issues in a particular style that are effecting the way the page is rendered. Below are examples of how this was done for the Flexile and Aurora styles:

Flexile:
Code:
/*
* Theme Name: XenDynamic
* Theme URI: http://www.rcbdesigns.net
* Description: The Dynamic XenForo v1.0.4 Theme For WordPress
* Version: 0.1.0
* Author: Rich Berrill
* Author URI: http://www.rcbdesigns.net
* Tags: xenforo
* File: XenDynamicEXTRA.css
* Place changes here that need to be applied to specific styles
*/

.XenDynamicMC {
    margin-top: 10px;
}

Aurora:
Code:
/*
* Theme Name: XenDynamic
* Theme URI: http://www.rcbdesigns.net
* Description: The Dynamic XenForo v1.0.4 Theme For WordPress
* Version: 0.1.0
* Author: Rich Berrill
* Author URI: http://www.rcbdesigns.net
* Tags: xenforo
* File: XenDynamicEXTRA.css
* Place changes here that need to be applied to specific styles
*/

.sectionMain.frontPageMain {
    border: 1px solid @primaryLighterStill;
    border-radius: 4px !important;
    -moz-border-radius: 4px !important;
    -webkit-border-radius: 4px !important;
    -khtml-border-radius: 4px !important;
    margin-bottom: 10px;
    background-color: transparent !important;
    background-image: url('@imagePath/xenforo/grey_trans_bg.gif');
    color: @primaryLight;
    margin-top: 10px;
}

.frontPageMain li.level_1 {
    padding-top: 0 !important;
}

.frontPageMain p {
    margin: 20px;
}

.frontPageMain .forumNodeInfo {
    background-color: transparent !important;
    color: @primaryLight !important;
}

### UPDATE 0.2.0 ###

9/18/2011 Changelog
  • Added support for secondary menu using the Wordpress->Appearance->Menu system
Known Issues:
Custom Contact Forms and Auto Hide Admin Bar cause some minor jquery issues. I'm testing these out right now for a fix in the next version.

Links might be a little odd if your entire website is in a subdirectory, I've done the best I can to think of all occurences of this but you might experience this.

The only piece of html that is not generated dynamically is the breadcrumb, I had to use the HTML from the base install. For 99.9% of the styles this will be no issue, but if your style changes the html of the breadcrumbs it will have to be modified. The CSS carries over just fine.

If you are not using one of the bridges for users from XenForo to Wordpress, you will need to manually login to the Dashboard using the http://yoursite.com/wp-admin link.

I'd like to send a huge thank you out to Darkimmortal, who's Kotomi addon showed me how I could pull the templates out of the XenForo system, without that I wouldn't have been able to make this theme.

If you find this useful and use it on your site, please condsider sending a donation, I'm working as a freelance web designer right now and I am developing XenForo addons in my spare time. I hope you enjoy this release and if you have any questions, concerns or issues please post them!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-09-13 at 4.57.00 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2011-09-13 at 4.57.00 PM.webp
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,076
  • Screen Shot 2011-09-13 at 4.57.16 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2011-09-13 at 4.57.16 PM.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 829
  • Screen Shot 2011-09-18 at 7.42.26 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2011-09-18 at 7.42.26 AM.webp
    4.6 KB · Views: 813
  • XenDynamic_0_1_0.zip
    XenDynamic_0_1_0.zip
    110.6 KB · Views: 101
  • XenDynamic_0_2_1.zip
    XenDynamic_0_2_1.zip
    117.3 KB · Views: 343
Code:
Warning: require(/home/cogumelo/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cogumelo/public_html/wp-content/themes/XenDynamic/includes/xf_integration.php on line 28

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/cogumelo/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/cogumelo/public_html/wp-content/themes/XenDynamic/includes/xf_integration.php on line 28

I'm getting the above error :(

Code:
Warning: require(/home/cogumelo/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cogumelo/public_html/wp-content/themes/XenDynamic/includes/xf_integration.php on line 28

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/cogumelo/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/cogumelo/public_html/wp-content/themes/XenDynamic/includes/xf_integration.php on line 28

Is /home/cogumelo/public_html/community/ the folder your Xenforo install is in?

Code:

Never mind, wrong directory LOL... but I am getting a error with one of my mods: Taigachat

Code:
Warning: filemtime() [function.filemtime]: stat failed for js/dark/taigachat.js in /home/cogumelo/public_html/comunidade/library/Dark/TaigaChat/ControllerPublic/Index.php on line 68

Never mind, wrong directory LOL... but I am getting a error with one of my mods: Taigachat

Code:
Warning: filemtime() [function.filemtime]: stat failed for js/dark/taigachat.js in /home/cogumelo/public_html/comunidade/library/Dark/TaigaChat/ControllerPublic/Index.php on line 68
I didn't test with taigachat, I'll toss it on my dev site and see if we need to make any mods for it.

I didn't test with taigachat, I'll toss it on my dev site and see if we need to make any mods for it.

For anyone else having this problem, open up:

/library/Dark/TaigaChat/ControllerPublic/Index.php

and change line 68:
Code:
"js_modification" => filemtime("js/dark/taigachat.js"),

to:
Code:
"js_modification" => filemtime("/home/XXX/public_html/XXX/js/dark/taigachat.js"),

replace: XXX to your server configuration

So was this a conflict ? or did it just expose a flaw in taigachat ?

Well, I don't think it's a flaw.. It's that taigachat was designed to work within the forum dir, and even though taigachat is not running on the wordpress template, it still calling for it there, thus giving you this error because wordpress is on another directory. Maybe we should bring it up in the taigachat thread to set that line to the full dir on that line. which would completely eliminate this problem.

I pretty sure if you have wordpress and Xenforo on the same directory, this error should not show.

Well, I don't think it's a flaw.. It's that taigachat was designed to work within the forum dir, and even though taigachat is not running on the wordpress template, it still calling for it there, thus giving you this error because wordpress is on another directory. Maybe we should bring it up in the taigachat thread to set that line to the full dir on that line. which would completely eliminate this problem.

I pretty sure if you have wordpress and Xenforo on the same directory, this error should not show.
I think I see what's causing it, it doesn't happen on sub pages only the whole page, working on tracking it down right now.

Code:

I modified the code for this so you don't need to edit taiga if you don't want to. I uploaded it and replaced the one in the first post. If you get this set up on your site toss me a link I'd like to see it :D

All you need to do is re upload the wordpress theme.

I'm getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in /home/site/public_html/forum/library/Lgpl/utf8.php on line 20

I'm getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in /home/site/public_html/forum/library/Lgpl/utf8.php on line 20
Where is your wordpress installation in your set up/what did you put in for your forum path in the theme? Do you have an add-ons installed in XF? Also does your forum still function fine? That's a built in function call in XF that really shouldn't be effected by this. That way I can test and see what's going on.

The other thing to check, are you using a specific php.ini or .htaccess file for WordPress that's specifying an earlier version of php? I don't believe mb_internal_encoding was included by default in the php compile until post php 5 versions.

Thanks, I just needed to recompile php with mb_internal_encoding. Works now. And, it seems to be working great with Infinite now too!

Top Bottom