[XenCrea] Header & Background Evolved [Paid] [Deleted]

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 10469
  • Start date Start date
Ok, thank you for the return, I will see if I can check the default (checked), maybe I had unchecked during exportation :)

great idea to put this into an Addon !

- does this also work for using an image into the body instead for putting it into the header ?
- does it work with a "fixed sized image" (width) when viewing on a big screen ? What width-size does the image need to have, in order to display the image in full-width on big-size screens?

- does it work with a "fixed sized image" (width) when viewing on a big screen ?

Yes ;)
What width-size does the image need to have, in order to display the image in full-width on big-size screens?
1980px is the best.
People do not usually have resolution above, 1920px is already a very high resolution.
does this also work for using an image into the body instead for putting it into the header ?
It's very simple to do, I did it on one of my sites.

It's just a line to add in the css so that the contour of the site is clear :)

http://thewitcher3.fr
(Scroll style use Header Evolved)

Add in your extra.css (at the end) :
HTML:
html {
            background-image: url('{$xenOptions.XenCrea_Scroll_ImagePath}') !important;
            background-position: {$xenOptions.XenCrea_Scroll_BackgroundAlignmentX} {$xenOptions.XenCrea_Scroll_BackgroundAlignmentY};
}
#header {
    background-image: none !important;
}

:)

Also, it would be awesome for this to pull from a list of images and change either per visit, page, or a set amount of minutes.
e idea of rotating a few every "x" days or weeks is a good one also. Not too many - but maybe up to 3, and not too quickly either - that would confuse a visitor.
Hello, what I can do is a random background.
It is planned for a future update.

Another "Agree" for rotating/random images, eg. once per 30mins etc.
Is realistically coming at some stage, or not?

It's very simple to do, I did it on one of my sites.

It's just a line to add in the css so that the contour of the site is clear :)

http://thewitcher3.fr
(Scroll style use Header Evolved)

Add in your extra.css (at the end) :
HTML:
html {
            background-image: url('{$xenOptions.XenCrea_Scroll_ImagePath}') !important;
            background-position: {$xenOptions.XenCrea_Scroll_BackgroundAlignmentX} {$xenOptions.XenCrea_Scroll_BackgroundAlignmentY};
}
#header {
    background-image: none !important;
}

:)

why not add this capability also into your Addon ?

Also the ability to just have the image in the "body", but not in the "header".

I like this add-on!

On second thought, after installing it, I would not want the banners to rotate because they are not really banners - they are page headings! So my users would become confused.
As it was, some people said "we don't like change" when I put it there.

Others may differ on this...each forum is different in the intention and users. But basic Human Interface Guidelines would suggest most forums should not rotate an actual clickable header...

IMHO, of course! I liked the idea when I thought about it, but now that I installed a header it doesn't seem so good....

I'm using flexile and you can have the information box in the top right with the theme, however with the banner enabled, links arn't clickable and you cannot highlight the text either. I use the latest version of TMS.
KNYSiLR.png

Hello, do you have a link please ?
If you can give me access to the template by mp I can go look at it quickly.

It's simple, just add this code in your extra.css template :
Code:
#rightContentBox {
    z-index: 100;
}

That's all :)

Hello, this is under development. (2.0)

Would 2.0 allow us to change the options for each banner individually, and have a custom header per style?

Also, the Moderator Bar's links are unclickable if I put a negative value in Vertical position of logo, moving the logo up. Removing float: none !important; in .html.Public #logo seems to fix the problem though.

For a header with style, it is possible but not for this update.
2.0 => random rotation & Custom background method.

A new XenCrea style will also be online soon (space theme).

Just a notice: Using line-height and a logo height offset of higher negative values (I used -70px) may make the moderation bar unclickable. Removing the line-height property and setting the logo height offset to lower positive value fixed the problem.

Strange, I've never had this problem, what is your parameters value please ??
xenforo use line-heigh by default (for center logo -in vertical- it seems to me, I'm not sure).

Top Bottom