[XenConcept] User Activity [Paid] 2.2.2

No permission to buy ($20.00)
Hello,

What do you mean ?

When I go onto a thread on the forum I'm developing, I see this:

o8Ah.png

However, when you hover over the username of someone like this:

o8AF.png

Notice how it says PhantomBoxer last read the thread at Feb 14,2022 at 1.45 pm?

Well it says that every other 45 users who viewed that thread also viewed it at exactly the same time and date.. and for example if they re-view the thread, it doesn't update to say the last Seen date and time.. so it seems the addon doesn't work as advertised?

I've just completely uninstalled and re-installed the addon and somehow it's stored the data from previously and all the usernames and such are still showing the same time and date as the last seen and read time. @XenConcept any support would be appreciated

Apparently the database entries are not deleted during uninstallation. Unfortunately I don't know what to do at the moment. Maybe Xenconcept can help there.

Apparently the database entries are not deleted during uninstallation. Unfortunately I don't know what to do at the moment. Maybe Xenconcept can help there.

Looking at the setup.php file, it creates a single DB entry:

Code:
`xf_xc_ua_node_session_activity`

Upon uninstalling and reinstalling, I only have 1 row in this table on my DB now.

o8mL.png

However, after purging cloudflare cache and my own browser cache, this is still what shows under threads:

o8m9.png

All 54 people have yesterdays date, 14 Feburary and the same last seen/read times.. Where on earth is the addon pulling this data from?

Hello,

The readers are save by XF and I retrieve the information in the table xf_thread_read

so I should clear this table too?

What's the point in the created database by the addon?

Code:
$this->schemaManager()->createTable('xf_xc_ua_node_session_activity', function (Create $table)
        {
            $table->engine('MEMORY');

$table->addColumn('user_id', 'int');
            $table->addColumn('unique_key', 'varbinary', 16);
            $table->addColumn('ip', 'varbinary', 16)->setDefault('');
            $table->addColumn('content_type',' enum')->values(['thread', 'node', 'project', 'project_category']);
            $table->addColumn('parent_id', 'int')->setDefault(0);
            $table->addColumn('content_id', 'int')->setDefault(0);
            $table->addColumn('view_state', 'enum')->values(['valid','error']);
            $table->addColumn('view_date', 'int');
            $table->addPrimaryKey(['user_id', 'unique_key'])->using('btree');
            $table->addKey('view_date')->using('btree');
        });

This code makes no sense to me because even though this is acrruately tracking when someone does view a thread, you aren't reading the information from this you're using xf_thread_read which isn't accurately updating/tracking when someone has last read a thread? so what is the point in the above code existing and database table existing?

Please can we not read from that instead?

I just cleared that xf_thread_read table, and viewed a thread myself. I am the only person that has vewied the thread now, but it says the time and date that I viewed the thread was the 14th Feburary 2022 at 1:45pm.

What is causing your addon to act so strange and why/how is it saying I read the thread 2 days ago when I've uninstalled/reinstalled the add-on and cleared all the mention above database tables

Times and dates in xf_thread_read are different in the Database, so again it is your add-on being odd.

o8mk.png

If you could support on this that'd be great @XenConcept

Last edited by a moderator:
so I should clear this table too?

What's the point in the created database by the addon?

Code:
$this->schemaManager()->createTable('xf_xc_ua_node_session_activity', function (Create $table)
        {
            $table->engine('MEMORY');

$table->addColumn('user_id', 'int');
            $table->addColumn('unique_key', 'varbinary', 16);
            $table->addColumn('ip', 'varbinary', 16)->setDefault('');
            $table->addColumn('content_type',' enum')->values(['thread', 'node', 'project', 'project_category']);
            $table->addColumn('parent_id', 'int')->setDefault(0);
            $table->addColumn('content_id', 'int')->setDefault(0);
            $table->addColumn('view_state', 'enum')->values(['valid','error']);
            $table->addColumn('view_date', 'int');
            $table->addPrimaryKey(['user_id', 'unique_key'])->using('btree');
            $table->addKey('view_date')->using('btree');
        });

This code makes no sense to me because even though this is acrruately tracking when someone does view a thread, you aren't reading the information from this you're using xf_thread_read which isn't accurately updating/tracking when someone has last read a thread? so what is the point in the above code existing and database table existing?

Please can we not read from that instead?

I just cleared that xf_thread_read table, and viewed a thread myself. I am the only person that has vewied the thread now, but it says the time and date that I viewed the thread was the 14th Feburary 2022 at 1:45pm.

What is causing your addon to act so strange and why/how is it saying I read the thread 2 days ago when I've uninstalled/reinstalled the add-on and cleared all the mention above database tables

Times and dates in xf_thread_read are different in the Database, so again it is your add-on being odd.

o8mk.png

If you could support on this that'd be great @XenConcept

xf_xc_ua_node_session_activity

This table is made only for users who look at the forum, thread ..Etc at the moment as for the activity session

You modified with the options the for xf_thread_read

Screenshot_8.webp

I would see about doing it with my own table.

No refund the add-on is functional.

I can also make paid modifications

xf_xc_ua_node_session_activity

This table is made only for users who look at the forum, thread ..Etc at the moment as for the activity session

You modified with the options the for xf_thread_read

View attachment 264837

I would see about doing it with my own table.

No refund the add-on is functional.

I can also make paid modifications

What do you mean?

o8So.png

This is set to 30 days as default, should it be set to something else? I don't understand how your addon is telling me that people viewed the thread on the 14th of Feburary when they are viewing the thread today on the 16th of Feburary ... How is this functional?

I would be happy to pay you to have the addon working fully functional, where it stores every member who reads a thread and updates the last time they most recently viewed it. This is essential to my forum due to the paid content and being able to check leaks.

Your addon HAS to be storing data somewhere else on my site..

I've just uninstalled and reinstalled again, cleared the xf_thread_read table (empty) and confirmed the xf_xc_ua_node_activity is also empty. I view an old thread, Read marking data lifetime is set to 30 days.

o8SX.png

How is it saying I read the thread in July 2021? Where one earth is it storing this data?

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean?

o8So.png

This is set to 30 days as default, should it be set to something else? I don't understand how your addon is telling me that people viewed the thread on the 14th of Feburary when they are viewing the thread today on the 16th of Feburary ... How is this functional?

Who read this thread shows the date when the user first read the thread

The option means the new registration will be done after 30 days

A future update will change this.

Who read this thread shows the date when the user first read the thread

The option means the new registration will be done after 30 days

A future update will change this.

I'm still not really understanding what you mean man.

I've just uninstalled and reinstalled again, cleared the xf_thread_read table (empty) and confirmed the xf_xc_ua_node_activity is also empty. I view an old thread, Read marking data lifetime is set to 30 days.

o8SX.png

How is it saying I read the thread in July 2021? Where is it storing this read data from a year ago?!

I'm still not really understanding what you mean man.

o8SX.png

How is it saying I read the thread in July 2021? Where is it storing this read data from a year ago?!

It is necessary to see with XF I only retrieve the information in the table xf_thread_read.

It is necessary to see with XF I only retrieve the information in the table xf_thread_read.

Ok but someone else is saying that their times/dates update with the most recent time that a user viewed a thread, mine doesn't so something is obviously wrong?

I don't feel like we're communicating very effectively, is there anyone else in your team that speaks English? Genuinely don't mean this in a disrespectful way it just feels like you either are not understanding what I'm saying, or I'm not able to grasp what you're trying to say back to me its quite frustrating.

Top Bottom