XenCentral Wiki Tools

XenCentral Wiki Tools [Paid] 1.4.0

No permission to buy (€24.99)

XCentral

XCentral submitted a new resource:

XenCentral Wiki Tools - XC Wiki Tools allows to embed Wikipedia article content into any post using configurable BB codes

XenCentral Wiki Tools product is designed to allow easy content sharing on the froums from Wikipedia and other Mediawiki sites, to allow users to easily embed the information they need from Wiki into their post. The content is embedded in the pages directly, and is visible for search engines, so it is also good for SEO and for building real site content. We are going to implement more options in the next releases (see below) and we are open for suggestions and feedback, so if you have any...

Read more about this resource...

it wont let me purchase, its saying my installation url invlaid (when i am using my sites url)

purchased now, but it has a issue.

when i install (first framework , latest version from your site) when it comes to wiki addon it says the framework not installed (but it is)
addon.webp

XenCentral Framework version 1.1.3 and greater is required for this addon to work
  1. XenCentral_Framework_Install::_assertVersionCheck() in XenCentral/WikiTools/Install.php at line 18
  2. XenCentral_WikiTools_Install::installCode()
  3. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
  4. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenCentral/Framework/Model/AddOn.php at line 25
  5. XenCentral_Framework_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  6. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 42
  7. AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/kingdoml/public_html/admin.php at line 13
---
also when i rebuild templates via xencentral tab in admincp

Fatal error: Class 'XenForo_CacheRebuilder_Template' not found in /home/*****/public_html/library/XenForo/CacheRebuilder/Abstract.php on line 114

@Matthew Hawley ,

The product works with Mediawiki API, and it should work fine with your installation as well. The correct API URL for you is http://www.wikia.com/api.php

The main thing you should concern is how your articles will look in XenForo content. We get article's HTML from API and embed it into post text directly, so if you have some special styling applied to your content, you may need to add some extra CSS to your xenforo.css template (or any other CSS template loading in that page).

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you!

Just bought it. But I have no idea where to download it? If I login, unter "available addons" nothing appears.

@gfc Your order is active now. Please login to client area and download the product from Services & Products > View Details > Downloads.

@RobParker As the embedded text contains active hyperlink to original article, there should not be copyright issues. However, as it is stated in "Terms of Use" of Wikipedia sometimes a copyright link or link to certain license may be required for certain materials (article 7.g). Such situation can be resolved by adding the exact licensing information into post.

Thank you!

XCentral updated XenCentral Wiki Tools with a new update entry:

XenCentral Wiki Tools 1.1.0 Released

Hello,

We are happy to announce the 1.1.0 version release of XenCentral Wiki Tools. This version implements editor button for Redactor (XenForo v 1.2+), allowing to have multiple Wikis configured and embed any article from them using one single dialog window. The dialog window also auto-suggests article titles, allowing to find any article easily, without having to visit appropriate wiki site:
View attachment 56064

By default the product removes Redo button from editor to avoid editor...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great update! Thanks! It would be great to add a field for each wiki to define the name which appears in the dropdown box of the editor.

Great update! Thanks! It would be great to add a field for each wiki to define the name which appears in the dropdown box of the editor.

We have thought about adding the field to define the name, but it was possible to automatically detect and use site name using it API, and in most cases this should be enough. If you have some use-case when a custom name is required to be set in Admin Panel, please provide and we will consider to add the option for the next release.

Thank you!

This would be great. Our wiki site has got a very long name "Tamriel-Almanach - Wissensdatenbank rund um ESO, Skyrim, Oblivion und Morrowind", but "Tamriel-Almanach" is the name I would like to see in the dropdown field.

This would be great. Our wiki site has got a very long name "Tamriel-Almanach - Wissensdatenbank rund um ESO, Skyrim, Oblivion und Morrowind", but "Tamriel-Almanach" is the name I would like to see in the dropdown field.
As this seems to be rare case when such modification is needed, we will consider to add possibility to set the title using a phrase, and if you are using "wiki" as your BB Code tag, system will check phrase 'xcwt_bbcode_wiki_title' and if it exists, it will be used as site title, otherwise API name will be used. This will be included in coming release.

Thank you!

Top Bottom