1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XenCentral Wiki Tools [Paid] 1.4.0

XC Wiki Tools allows to embed Wikipedia article content into any post using configurable BB codes

1. XCentral

XCentral Well-Known Member

XCentral submitted a new resource:

XenCentral Wiki Tools - XC Wiki Tools allows to embed Wikipedia article content into any post using configurable BB codes

Read more about this resource...
  2. Edrondol

Edrondol Well-Known Member

Wow! Seriously cool!
  3. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

I would also put somewhere that you can do it from Wikia Wikis. The software they use is MediaWiki just modded A LOT.

4. gfc

gfc Active Member

Great! Will try it this weekend!
  5. Nudaii

Nudaii Well-Known Member

it wont let me purchase, its saying my installation url invlaid (when i am using my sites url)
  6. XCentral

@Richard.r You should submit the URL in this format: domain.com, sub.domain.com
  7. Nudaii

Nudaii Well-Known Member

purchased now, but it has a issue.

when i install (first framework , latest version from your site) when it comes to wiki addon it says the framework not installed (but it is)

XenCentral Framework version 1.1.3 and greater is required for this addon to work
    1. XenCentral_Framework_Install::_assertVersionCheck() in XenCentral/WikiTools/Install.php at line 18
    2. XenCentral_WikiTools_Install::installCode()
    3. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
    4. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenCentral/Framework/Model/AddOn.php at line 25
    5. XenCentral_Framework_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
    6. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 42
    7. AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
    8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/kingdoml/public_html/admin.php at line 13
    also when i rebuild templates via xencentral tab in admincp

Fatal error: Class 'XenForo_CacheRebuilder_Template' not found in /home/*****/public_html/library/XenForo/CacheRebuilder/Abstract.php on line 114
  8. XCentral

Hello, Richard!

Checking this now and will update soon with the fix.

Thank you!
  9. XCentral

Hello again,

The issue is fixed and new package for XenCentral Framework is uploaded. The direct link to download it is https://www.skydevelop.eu/customers/dl.php?type=d&id=11 . Please download and re-upload its files, after which you should be able to install Wiki Tools product.

Let us know if you have any other problem.

Thank you!
  10. XCentral

@Matthew Hawley ,

The product works with Mediawiki API, and it should work fine with your installation as well. The correct API URL for you is http://www.wikia.com/api.php

The main thing you should concern is how your articles will look in XenForo content. We get article's HTML from API and embed it into post text directly, so if you have some special styling applied to your content, you may need to add some extra CSS to your xenforo.css template (or any other CSS template loading in that page).

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you!
  11. XCentral

12. gfc

gfc Active Member

Just bought it. But I have no idea where to download it? If I login, unter "available addons" nothing appears.
  13. XCentral

14. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

Are there any copyright issues with embedding large bits of wikipedia like this?

Looks like a great addon! :)
  15. XCentral

@gfc Your order is active now. Please login to client area and download the product from Services & Products > View Details > Downloads.

@RobParker As the embedded text contains active hyperlink to original article, there should not be copyright issues. However, as it is stated in "Terms of Use" of Wikipedia sometimes a copyright link or link to certain license may be required for certain materials (article 7.g). Such situation can be resolved by adding the exact licensing information into post.

Thank you!
    gfc and RobParker like this.
  16. XCentral

XCentral updated XenCentral Wiki Tools with a new update entry:

XenCentral Wiki Tools 1.1.0 Released

Read the rest of this update entry...
    Scharesoft and gfc like this.
  17. Scharesoft

Scharesoft Active Member

Great update! Thanks! It would be great to add a field for each wiki to define the name which appears in the dropdown box of the editor.
  18. XCentral

We have thought about adding the field to define the name, but it was possible to automatically detect and use site name using it API, and in most cases this should be enough. If you have some use-case when a custom name is required to be set in Admin Panel, please provide and we will consider to add the option for the next release.

Thank you!
  19. Scharesoft

Scharesoft Active Member

This would be great. Our wiki site has got a very long name "Tamriel-Almanach - Wissensdatenbank rund um ESO, Skyrim, Oblivion und Morrowind", but "Tamriel-Almanach" is the name I would like to see in the dropdown field.
  20. XCentral

As this seems to be rare case when such modification is needed, we will consider to add possibility to set the title using a phrase, and if you are using "wiki" as your BB Code tag, system will check phrase 'xcwt_bbcode_wiki_title' and if it exists, it will be used as site title, otherwise API name will be used. This will be included in coming release.

Thank you!
    Scharesoft likes this.