XenCentral Ad Server

XenCentral Ad Server [Paid] 2.0.0 beta 3 rev. 2

No permission to buy (€59.99)
Thanks for the note! I realize I may not have a feature I was hoping for: to create a banner space in the center column of my page (using Xenporta). Right now, my client is using a strange hack to post his advertising banners on his portal page: it's a feed from a specific post, which is then displayed on the landing page.

http://www.vi-control.net/forum/portal.php

Being new to Xenforo, I find it is highly developed, but certain restrictions are still there, but maybe someone found a way behind them?

If there was a way to assign a zone to the centre instead of having "articles" there, I'b be there I think. Any idea/suggestion?

Thanks again, my client and his advertisers will love this addon!

You are welcome. If you don't find any appropriate location under XenForo Hooks tab, you always have an option to use Custom Hooks tab, where you can just set to which hook the content of the zone should be appended/prepended. If there is no hook in the location/template you are looking for, you can just create it by copying hook definition and assiging a unique name for it, e.g.

Code:
<xen:hook name="artcile_list_ads" />

and use that name under "Custom Hooks" tab of Zone page.

If you are not sure which template to edit, maybe you should consider to ask the in XenPorta support thread.

Feel free to contact us at Support Center if you need our help with any XenForo-related task.

Thank you!

I can't get it to show Adsense since updating.. Any idea what I might be over looking?

It shouldn't be connected with the upgrade. Please double-check that you AdSense code itself functions correctly. Also try to activate Safe Mode and see if it works then. Please note, that in safe mode not all functions work, especially AJAX rotation can not be used.

Thank you!

It shouldn't be connected with the upgrade. Please double-check that you AdSense code itself functions correctly. Also try to activate Safe Mode and see if it works then. Please note, that in safe mode not all functions work, especially AJAX rotation can not be used.

Thank you!

Great, works in safe mode :)

How can I hide ads in Xenforo header ad hook from displying in mobile?

Is there any way to make a banner purchase a recurring transaction so that our advertisers don't have to revisit the site to manually make banner payments every month?

We've used the User Upgrade feature to allow users to support the site directly and those transactions are recurring so why can't Xencentral ad purchase also be recurring every 30 days, 90 days, yearly, etc. Some of our advertisers are demanding this as they can't be bothered every month renewing their ads manually and it's better for our business if they renew automatically.

Thanks,
Bart

Is there any way to make a banner purchase a recurring transaction so that our advertisers don't have to revisit the site to manually make banner payments every month?

We've used the User Upgrade feature to allow users to support the site directly and those transactions are recurring so why can't Xencentral ad purchase also be recurring every 30 days, 90 days, yearly, etc. Some of our advertisers are demanding this as they can't be bothered every month renewing their ads manually and it's better for our business if they renew automatically.

Thanks,
Bart

@XCentral ?? any insight as to what might be done about this or when?

I just got your renewal invoice for this addon.
Why you want me to pay for something what it is not in your description of this addon?
Look at this photo from your site. Reccuring amount = 0,00EUR
Why you try to make me pay you for something I do not have to?

1.webp

This another photo below is your invoice for another year of update which you send me in e-mail. Only God knows why you send me and invoice for yearly update renewal for addon which is canceled on time of buying because of WAT problem because you do not know at that time must I pay you price + vat couse my country is part of EU too.
After all that rashomon with price, vat, EU, I finally bought this addon. There is now in your e-mail 2 (two) invoices. For addon I have, and for another one I do not have and it is canceled year ago from your side.

2.webp

So please tell me why you act like this and try to take my money for something that I do not have to pay, and you do not have right to ask me for.
Also, please do not change place of conversation to your forum, I want everything to be posted here, on official xenforo forum, in official thread for this addon.

And also, last but not least, I want you to apologize to me.

Why you try to make me pay you for something I do not have to?

You don't.... you can ignore until you're ready to download a newer version when it's released.

It tells you on the product page that "1 year of support/updates included" - but you're not forced to pay the renewal invoice to keep using or download the last version before your support expired.
When you're ready to renew, pay the invoice... otherwise ignore it. :/ Not hard...

You did read what you bought, right?

Your page here: https://customers.dnf.technology/clientarea.php?action=productdetails&id=67

Should look similar to this: (with your products, instead of mine :) )

example_look.webp

Last edited:
You don't.... you can ignore until you're ready to download a newer version when it's released.

It tells you on the product page that "1 year of support/updates included" - but you're not forced to pay the renewal invoice to keep using or download the last version before your support expired.
When you're ready to renew, pay the invoice... otherwise ignore it. :/ Not hard...

You did read what you bought, right?

Your page here: https://customers.dnf.technology/clientarea.php?action=productdetails&id=67

Should look similar to this: (with your products, instead of mine :) )

View attachment 103631
Do you plan to answer any of the other posts above that have gone unanswered for weeks?

Hello, @Sunka Thank you for report. The problem with your invoice was caused by a billing system bug. The license was cancelled, but renewal email was generated. Now the correct amount is shown in your invoice and it is sent to you. As has been mentioned, this is an invoice for support/updates renewal that can be paid anytime you want to renew your license support and receive updates. Otherwise, you are free to use the current version as long as you wish, no limitations. Thank you!

We wrote on Saturday with your ticket system #959583 however you have NOT responded yet which is very frustrating.
We have APC installed and the forum is running on SSD disks.

However CPU load goes from 6.70 to at least 100 if we leave it enabled for a few minutes.
It's clear this addon is causing performance issues on the forum so I need you to let me know if you are able to fix this or if we have to choose another ads addon to manage our banners.

I left logins on that ticket number for you to check. Please check asap!! It's been 3 days.

Hello!

Sorry for the delay, we are checking on this one now and will update in the ticket soon.

Thank you!

Still get a linux load of 45 with only 400 members. I was getting 10 with 600 members without it. I appreciate it not going to 205 like it was. I still think it should be lower.

Still get a linux load of 45 with only 400 members. I was getting 10 with 600 members without it. I appreciate it not going to 205 like it was. I still think it should be lower.

As mentioned in the ticket, now each your page is make 5 additional requests to the server to get the ads for each zone. Every request runs through XenForo system, stores statistics, get the banners to be displayed etc. so it is almost equal to a new page view from an active user. So you should expect server load with 400 users and these many ads to be something like the load with 2400 users.

In scenarios like yours, we see that it may be possible to optimize the product to make less requests, namely to get the banners from all zones on the same page in one request. We will work on it, and try to implement it as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Top Bottom