• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Xen-TR Who Has Visited

Install and Upgrade Instructions
1-) Upload the necessary files/folders in _upload folder
2-) Install addon_xentr_com_who_has_visited_v2.1.0.xml via add-on installer
3.a-) open forum_list template and find
HTML:
</xen:sidebar>
3.b-) add above
HTML:
<xen:include template="xen_tr_com_who_has_visited" />

Version History
  • v.2.1.1 --> 12 Feb 2011 --> changed some codes for page speed and about queries

Hi TilkiBey,

I've installed v.2.1.1 but it doesn't appear to work with this add-on. If I turned off the widget framework then "Who's visited" shows up.

Do you know of a way to get both add-ons working together?

Regards,
Renada :)

I am just reviewing this add on for the first time. I have reviewed the images in the first post but am still not clear. Is the output a single block which will show a list of all users who visited the site that day? Can you also add this as a footer to each page in your forum to see who visited that particular page?

I am just reviewing this add on for the first time. I have reviewed the images in the first post but am still not clear. Is the output a single block which will show a list of all users who visited the site that day? Can you also add this as a footer to each page in your forum to see who visited that particular page?
yeah, this add-on will show a block which is container who has visited today or last 24 hours

TilkiBey is there anything you can do to help here please? Message #102

Hi TilkiBey,

I've installed v.2.1.1 but it doesn't appear to work with this add-on. If I turned off the widget framework then "Who's visited" shows up.

Do you know of a way to get both add-ons working together?

Regards,
Renada :)

i ve any knowledge bout bd widget framework, so, i am sorry but i cannot help u for now =(

I have uploaded the files but cannot run the .xml file. I get this error:
The provided file was not a valid XML file. Please provide a valid XML file.

just checking..the file format required for add-ons involves a dash "-" and not an underscore "_". You may want to confirm your filename is correct.

just checking..the file format required for add-ons involves a dash "-" and not an underscore "_". You may want to confirm your filename is correct.

I've checked the file name and is "addon_xentr_com_who_has_visited_v2.2.0.xml". With substitute the "_" with "-" the result don't change: error "Invalid XML file formato. Please use a valid file" appear.

Thnks for your work and support :)

Ouch what a name! I would suggest changing the name to something shorter like addon-visited.xml. The other add-ons I have seen don't include version numbers in the file names. They are consistently the same name.

Either way, just to confirm:

1. You should be in the ACP > List Add-ons > locate your add-on and select the Control drop down > Upgrade
2. If the xml file is on your local workstation, browse to it and select it. If it is on the server be certain you have the exact path.
3. Make sure the file name contains no underscores

If you have followed all those steps and it still doesn't work then it's an issue for the add-on developer. I have received that error before and in 100% of cases it was my error with either selecting the wrong add-on, trying to Install an add-on rather then Upgrade it, or the underscore issue.

Other ad ons work with an underscore in the file name, I have just installed Ragtek's user registration stats that file name has underscores, works no problem.

I tried changing the file name on this one but to no avail. :(

I recall Jaxel stating that XF made a recent change where underscores no longer worked. He used to use underscores in his add-ons and changed them all to dashes. I am not aware of the technical information regarding this change. My apologies if my information is in error.

Ouch what a name! I would suggest changing the name to something shorter like addon-visited.xml. The other add-ons I have seen don't include version numbers in the file names. They are consistently the same name.

Either way, just to confirm:

1. You should be in the ACP > List Add-ons > locate your add-on and select the Control drop down > Upgrade
2. If the xml file is on your local workstation, browse to it and select it. If it is on the server be certain you have the exact path.
3. Make sure the file name contains no underscores

If you have followed all those steps and it still doesn't work then it's an issue for the add-on developer. I have received that error before and in 100% of cases it was my error with either selecting the wrong add-on, trying to Install an add-on rather then Upgrade it, or the underscore issue.

I've tried with a short filename, with only dashes but no success. Seems a problem of the content of XML description file.
I've tried also to nstall the addon without success.

The XML file is uploaded from my workstation.

I have tried installing the xml file from my local computer and from a directory on the server neither worked for me.

Oracle this might help you see the problem. I'm not xml savvy but this is the error if you try to look at this file in a web browser:

Code:
The character '<' cannot be used in an attribute value. Error processing resource 'file:///H:/My Site/Xenforo/XenForo 1.0 S...

<phrase title="option_xentrcom_whohasvisited_time_explain" version_id="21" version_string="2.2.0><![CDATA[]]>...

The previous version can be viewed without error.

Regards,
Renada

Oracle this might help you see the problem. I'm not xml savvy but this is the error if you try to look at this file in a web browser:

Code:
The character '<' cannot be used in an attribute value. Error processing resource 'file:///H:/My Site/Xenforo/XenForo 1.0 S...

<phrase title="option_xentrcom_whohasvisited_time_explain" version_id="21" version_string="2.2.0><![CDATA[]]>...

The previous version can be viewed without error.

Regards,
Renada

I will try do debug a little the XML file.
Thanks for your input!

Top Bottom