Xen Product Manager [Deleted]

I spent hours moving away from WooCommerce on WordPress over to Easy Digital Downloads because it had an add-on for licensing. After spending hours trying to get it working - lo n behold - I found this little gem. I should have known ! The good news is that I bought this add-on immediately.

I can't wait to install the little puppy and use it !

Rich (BB code):
Mysqli statement execute error : Out of range value for column 'expiry_date' at row 1
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/Model/UserChangeTemp.php at line 79
  5. XenForo_Model_UserChangeTemp->applyTempUserChange() in XenProduct/Model/Cart.php at line521
  6. XenProduct_Model_Cart->convertCartToLicenses() in XenProduct/ControllerPublic/Product.php at line590
  7. XenProduct_ControllerPublic_Product->actionConvertCart() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line347
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /path/to/community/index.php at line 13

I was trying my first conversion of an older order and received the above error.

Questions
I have people who purchased at discounted prices. Is there a way to get those orders converted?

What do I put in for the "valid from" date? If they actually purchased 1-19-2014 then is that the date or does that field mean "valid until" ?

It's actually XenForo code throwing that error.

What was the expiry date of their order?

Discounts are tricky, but you could try setting the license_price in the xenproduct_license table and unit_price in the xenproduct_cart_item table.

license_price is what they paid, unit_price is what the original price was.

Valid from is the date they purchased.

It's actually XenForo code throwing that error.

Ugh. Any suggestions on how to get that fixed? The site is using XF 1.4.1.

What was the expiry date of their order?

This was my first attempt at converting, so I grabbed one from this week. It was a lifetime license - no expiration date - which I set to 100 years. [Clarification: I set the 100 years in the product item information]

Discounts are tricky, but you could try setting the license_price in the xenproduct_license table and unit_price in the xenproduct_cart_item table.

license_price is what they paid, unit_price is what the original price was.

The sale prices varied. Would it be easier to convert then change the license_price in the database?

Valid from is the date they purchased.

OK. As an idea "Purchased Date" or "Date of Purchase" ... might add clarity.

Last edited:
This was my first attempt at converting, so I grabbed one from this week. It was a lifetime license - no expiration date - which I set to 100 years.
Set it to 50 years or something like that. The field will be an unsigned INT so it will have a limit. The current time plus 100 years would exceed the value allowed on that field.

The sale prices varied. Would it be easier to convert then change the license_price in the database?
Do whatever is easier for you. Either populate the correct value now, or later.

OK. As an idea "Purchased Date" or "Date of Purchase" ... might add clarity.
"Valid from" is more accurate. Who's to say it was actually "purchased"? It may have been a free product. When talking about licenses, they have a start date and an end date, usually valid from and valid to are ... valid :)

Reactions: LPH
Set it to 50 years or something like that. The field will be an unsigned INT so it will have a limit. The current time plus 100 years would exceed the value allowed on that field.
Will try.

Do whatever is easier for you. Either populate the correct value now, or later.
OK

"Valid from" is more accurate. Who's to say it was actually "purchased"? It may have been a free product. When talking about licenses, they have a start date and an end date, usually valid from and valid to are ... valid :)

Oh ! Duh. I was not thinking about a license. :)

This was my first attempt at converting, so I grabbed one from this week. It was a lifetime license - no expiration date - which I set to 100 years. [Clarification: I set the 100 years in the product item information]
I think you should be able to set the product support duration to 0 I believe that would force it to never expire.

Also, I just remembered that you could probably set the expiry date to 0 to make it permanent rather than setting a high number.

I think you should be able to set the product support duration to 0 I believe that would force it to never expire.

Also, I just remembered that you could probably set the expiry date to 0 to make it permanent rather than setting a high number.

Zero worked ! I also tried 10, 50, and 75 .. and they worked.. but 99 failed ... I'll stick with zero and give this add-on the big 5 !

Awesome job Sir !

How do I edit a product description? I'm not updating the product to a new version but want to improve the description. There is 'add product' and 'add update' but I don't see an 'edit product.'

How do I edit a 'features' area? I'm not updating the product to a new version but want to change which bullet items are shown in the front.

Changed phrase xenproduct_products_tab to change navigation tab wording. Is there a better way?

When viewing a product you should see an Edit Product in the top right.

If you don't, then check permissions.

Editing phrases is always the best way.

How do I edit a product description? I'm not updating the product to a new version but want to improve the description. There is 'add product' and 'add update' but I don't see an 'edit product.'

How do I edit a 'features' area? I'm not updating the product to a new version but want to change which bullet items are shown in the front.

Changed phrase xenproduct_products_tab to change navigation tab wording. Is there a better way?
If your permissions are setup properly you should have an Edit Product button next to the "Add New Version" button.

When viewing a product you should see an Edit Product in the top right.

If you don't, then check permissions..

Permissions are definitely set because I see the Admin Tools in sidebar but there is no button in the right while viewing the product. :(

I clicked on allow for all the areas in the permissions area. Is there a particular permission - I keep looking but they all look like the circle is filled for all of them.

I took at stab at the URL

http://www.tuxreports.com/community/products/xenword-developer-license.8/edit

And it loaded with the edit screen and I was able to save the changes.

Run analyze permissions on yourself to make certain as well as trying a default style.

Excellent idea to look at analyze and default style!

The analyze shows permissions are set.

The default style shows two buttons: "add new product" and "edit product" inline with the breadcrumb ! OK. Now I have to figure out how to get those buttons to show - or I could edit the xenproduct_tab_links

I'm curious if anyone has used this for a Gaming Community for Donations, T-Shirts and such. Also for Donations Is there a way people could buy a 1 Month Donation pass, this will up there Rank to Special rank, and after 30 days, is there a way that rank can be dropped till they Buy a Pass/Donation again?

The add-on doesn't really work for physical products unless you do a load of manual work (there's no concept of physical delivery addresses, etc. it's mostly geared towards digital products).

You can set up products to last a set period of time and promote to a user group for that period of time, and demote you from that user group after that time has passed. But, actually, you can do that with the XenForo User Upgrades system anyway, so you probably don't need to buy this add-on to achieve that.

Top Bottom