Xen Product Manager [Deleted]

I know that coupons exist but it would be nice to have bulk discounts built in so that the discount takes effect immediately after x purchases. Like XenForo does with their licenses.

This may be a stupid question but my products tab always has an alert bubble on it with 1. Why and how to get rid of that?

I've tried looking to see if this has been asked before but... how do you change the thumbnail size? I don't mind a php edit for the time being but I'm not seeing it set anywhere. Default showing as 120x120. I've figured out how to do a simple conditional to set custom images that way but I'm wondering if there's an easier way by using the default thumbnail.

I thought it was an option in he Admin CP?

If not I'll take a look later. Maybe it's hard coded.

Apologies, yes, it looks like it's hardcoded to a 120 x 120 square.

You can change this in one place, library/XenProduct/DataWriter/Product.php.

Find:
PHP:
$image->resize(120, 120, 'crop');

And replace 120, 120 with whatever values you like (it should be able to manage non-square thumbs if desired).

There may need to be CSS adjustments too, or at least additional CSS if you plan to make them bigger (you might need to constrain the width/height at a smaller viewport).

Scuse this potentially very dumb question.

Could it be organised that non members could make a purchase (and decide to become members at a later stage) or must they be existing members or register to use it?

For some sales - membership (to anything) can be an undesired friction point.

Might be a bonkers idea but could contact data be gathered but no trumpeting that a community membership has been created created - or perhaps purchasers are put into an "inactive" member group?
Join forum actively as a clear "opt in?" option?

Many thanks.

It's theoretically possible but beyond the scope of this add on currently.

Last edited:
Any plans for EU VAT support, @Chris D? I'm going to have to add it in anyway (VAT MOSS regulations), so I was just wondering if you already had plans to add it in.? Technically speaking, by law, any seller of digital products incorporated in any country (including the US) must still charge VAT to EU customers, so I'd say it would be an essential part of this add-on.

Hey @Chris D - Is there an option to allow pricing options for each indivitual product? Like for instance - Product #2 has $100 option for Premium usergroup - $200 option for Registered usergroup? Thanks,

J.

No, but you could use the Coupon system for this.

You can have coupons automatically apply to user groups and also allow only certain user groups to use certain vouchers.

So, you'd create a new coupon only usable by Premium which gives a $100 discount on a specific product and have it automatically assign to the Premium group. Assuming that the default price for most users is $200, when a Registered member adds the product to their cart it will cost $200. When the Premium member adds it to their cart, it will cost $200, but they will have the coupon automatically apply a discount of $100 meaning they will only have to pay $100.

The only real thing missing is any sort of visibility for Premium members that they will get a discount. i.e. the product list will still list the product at $200. Though, this should be relatively simple to fix with a template edit or two, or you just advertise that deal to them directly somewhere else and make it clear that the discount is applied at the cart automatically.

The only other thing worth noting is that even if a coupon automatically applies, they can remove the coupon if they wish. I guess this could be done accidentally, and they end up paying full price, so it's something to make them aware of.

Thanks Chris.
We're using the Product Manager as a way to sell onsite advertising. There are different rates for premium and non-premium usergroups. So we've made use of the optional extras to add additional pricing option for non-premium usergroups. I think it will work well.
Thanks. Great add-on. Hopefully will work nicely for our needs.

Cheers.

J.

Top Bottom