Xen or xF for addons?

kyrgyz

Was thinking about it. Xen is a generic name and seems to be a safer option to take should problems with original developers arise later on. xF is more like a trademark to me.

Onimua

I like the name Xen Add-Ons... but XF Add-ons would do well do I think.

I don't think they should be officially labeled anyway, since some may think that they're official add-ons, not 3rd party options.

Kier

XenForo developer
Staff member
I haven't really given it much thought to be honest... though taking a contraction of 'xen' and 'add-on' you get 'Xenon' which is kinda cool ;)

James

eXtension? They all work well.

Instead of a whole new domain for modifications, you should just reference some new categories for them (at least to begin with). That was XF has a centralised location for the best possible support ;)

Danny.VBT

Actually, on second though, Xtensions or any variant is too reminiscent of that male "booster" that plagues late night television with their infomercials. But that may just be a US thing.

Onimua

Actually, on second though, Xtensions or any variant is too reminiscent of that male "booster" that plagues late night television with their infomercials. But that may just be a US thing.
Ha, yeah I'm not sure it'd be a good idea to use that name.

James

I think Xen will be the prefix for all modifications.
XenGallery
XenAlbums
XenCalendar (this sounds like Zen Calendar so I had to add it even though it's default)
XenArcade

Kier and Mike should reserve the Xen prefix for official mods only :p

Ahmed

I think it's better to have them like this:
XFGallery
XFCMS
XFBlog
XFWhatever

Because they are ll add-ons for XF (XenForo).

Well, Just my 2 cents. :D

Dismounted

I haven't really given it much thought to be honest... though taking a contraction of 'xen' and 'add-on' you get 'Xenon' which is kinda cool ;)
I dare you to now call "modifications", "xenons". :D i.e. Let's go and pump some xenons into the forum.

(That was a joke. Kinda.)

F

Floris

XMC
XLOG
XALLERY

hehe, just kidding.

XF:Forum
XF:Cms
XF:Gallery
XF:Blog

XenApps