Xen Notices [Deleted]

There should be some "Branding Free Instructions" on the download page if you have a branding free license.

There should be some "Branding Free Instructions" on the download page if you have a branding free license.
I'll take it to PM... I'm using a link in an email and last time I used that link I got the branding free version, this time I don't.

EDIT: Never mind, I see the link now for branding free at the bottom of the dialog box, thanks. It's been a bit since I've download that one, didn't notice it changed.

I can't find my email for the update for this add on, can you please send it to me so I can get the latest version running? (can't find the old version in my email either but searching for "notifications" brings up thousands of results lol)

Search for fetchapp in your inbox.

If you can't find it, I'll need to know your email address or I can't re-send it.

Hi Chris
First of all NICE add-on!! Just a few thoughts about your add-on. Would it be possible to add a border? Would it be possible to add shadow? Other then that nice add-on.......

Vinny

Hi Chris
Very nice however I don't know alot about css but what I do know I could get into a lot of trouble lol. It was a sugestion for you to add maybe on your next update only if you think it a good idear. I wish I know more about css I would be awsome lol well in my mind...... But for now I'll leave it in my mind....

Vinny

I've got v1.8.0 and would like to display a sign-up encouragement notice to guests for 30 seconds and then have it disappear and not reappear for another 7 days.

At the moment, if the guest doesn't dismiss the notice, each new page change or refresh re-triggers it and it reappears.

Is there any way to "display once" for x amount of time?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Last edited:
There's no option for that, no.

Closest thing is to set this to 7 days:
upload_2015-2-25_9-26-56.webp

It does require them to close the Notification, but they definitely will, otherwise it would be annoying.

I thought so - thanks Chris - I've got it set-up like that at the moment so we'll see how it goes. (y)

Could I make a suggestion for a future update - Display once for (milliseconds) - Display again after (days) zero means never.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Last edited:
Hi @Chris D ,
all this dont work for me.

{name}
{boardtitle}
{boardtitle}
{pagetitle}
{forumurl}
{forumid}
{forumname}
{birthdays}

Shows up like i write it here.

@Chris D:

Would you consider adding the ability to duplicate a notification from the Admin CP?

For all my notifications, I always use the same:
  • Notification style (Advanced custom style via CSS class names)
  • Time to display/fade notification, etc.
  • Page criteria (forum_list)
If I could duplicate an existing one and use that as a base, all I would need to do is change the text. That would save me at least 3-5 clicks and typing the same values each time I create a new notification.

Widget Framework has a duplicate feature which looks like this:
duplicate-widget-framework.webp

Of course the new duplicated notification should not be active to allow it to be edited before going live.

Hi @Chris D,

I purchased the add-on today hoping to customize it. As a first step, I modified addon-GritterNotifications.xml , specifically gritter-notice-wrapper.bottom-right. But I don't see any effect. I also tried gritter-notice-wrapper but again...no change. Am I in the wrong place?

I need a way to force users to accept terms of use, and this add-on seems really close. It seems to me I need to
1. make the notice big and centered
2. lock the user out of other activity until they acknowledge
3. record the date they acknowledged so I won't bother them again

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Marc
@Embeddedfoo

Chris,

Can you tell me where and how I can customize the notification box? In the Overview, you suggest modifying GritterEXTRA.css but there's no such file. Also, I notice in addon-GritterNotifications.xml there is CSS for modal elements. Where are they used? Can the Notification be modal?

Thanks.

When the add-on is installed, you edit the templates in the template system. There is a GritterEXTRA.css template. You may want to familiarise yourself with the XenForo template system a little first. Any references to "modal" aren't actually anything to do with the Notifications. That's from the CSS for the rich text editor used to modify the text content of Notifications.

Top Bottom