Xen Notices [Deleted]

No need to assume what the class is, look at the element in the HTML of the page using the element inspector.

You're suggesting that the HTML markup looks something like this:

<div class="Notice politics 26" />

That doesn't seem right.

It's actually more like this:

<div class="Notice notice_26" />

So your CSS selector would be:

.Notice.notice_26

Last edited:
Thanks, but this does not move the notice either.

#Notice.politics_26
{
position: fixed;
top: 50%;
left: 50%;
margin-top: -150px;
margin-left: -250px;
width: 300px;
height: 300px;
}

Old thread I realize but relevant .... I'm using the suggested html but the code is visible instead of providing a link:

a href.webp

Running XF 1.5.9 and using Chris' Xen Notices add-on but don't see why that would effect this. Any ideas?

In Xen Notices if you have entered or pasted the HTML code directly into the HTML editor like this:

upload_2016-10-31_20-52-9.webp

Then that will come out as text.

All you need to do to create a link is type the text you want, like this:

upload_2016-10-31_20-53-2.webp

And then highlight the text and click the link button in the editor and then paste the URL you want:

upload_2016-10-31_20-54-4.webp

After clicking Insert, the highlighted text will turn into a link.

upload_2016-10-31_20-54-36.webp

In Xen Notices if you have entered or pasted the HTML code directly into the HTML editor like this:

View attachment 143006

Then that will come out as text.

All you need to do to create a link is type the text you want, like this:

View attachment 143007

And then highlight the text and click the link button in the editor and then paste the URL you want:

View attachment 143008

After clicking Insert, the highlighted text will turn into a link.

View attachment 143009

Thanks Chris. Your replies are always detailed the first time - much appreciated.

Request Preset/Copy Feature for Time Saving
For me it's tedious to not forget and set all preferences for each new notice. Is it possible to copy an existing notice or set a preset for each new notice? Some helping function would be a time saver.

Or at least by a manual Template Modification (set selected checkboxes active)?

Request Preset/Copy Feature for Time Saving
For me it's tedious to not forget and set all preferences for each new notice. Is it possible to copy an existing notice or set a preset for each new notice? Some helping function would be a time saver.

Or at least by a manual Template Modification (set selected checkboxes active)?

A "duplicate notice" button... that's what I often wished for... ;)

I'm just starting to prepare for XF2.0 and work out which addons we need to wait for.

Am I right that most of this functionality is now core in XF2? (and even in XF1).

Am I right that most of this functionality is now core in XF2? (and even in XF1).
No. All of the bulleted points at the top of the main resource description are not part of the core in either XF1.5 or XF2.0. The only thing (I think) that was incorporated from the original Notifications add-on into the core was the floating notice style.

No. All of the bulleted points at the top of the main resource description are not part of the core in either XF1.5 or XF2.0. The only thing (I think) that was incorporated from the original Notifications add-on into the core was the floating notice style.

I was under the impression that notices in the core now incorporated a lot of the notifications functionality (floating notice, token replacement, etc)?

Feature Summary
  • Permission controlled management of notices on the front end
  • Edit your notice content with a proper HTML editor, powered by Redactor
  • Additional tokens for replacement inside notices including {board_url}, {board_title}, {page_title} and more
  • Easy custom styling of floating notices using the XenForo colour picker
  • Display a floating notice every day showing "Today's Birthdays"
  • Automatic notice reset system. Allow your notices to be automatically reset every X (hours|days|weeks|months)
None of these features are included in XF 1.5 or 2.0 as standard

I was under the impression that notices in the core now incorporated a lot of the notifications functionality (floating notice, token replacement, etc)?
Floating notice - yes (as mentioned already)
Token replacement - no (only {name} is in the core, I have tested this)

As I said, and @Chris D has confirmed, all of those bullet points are a feature of this add-on.

I'm hoping it won't be too long after the release of XF2.0 before a compatible version of this is released (and I'd be happy to pay an upgrade fee and/or ongoing subscription) as I use several of the features.

Top Bottom