Xen Notices [Deleted]

If you're wanting to uninstall Xen Notices then you want to delete the library/XenNotices directory.

If you're wanting to uninstall Notifications then you want to delete the following folders:

library/GritterNotifications
styles/gritter
js/gritter

@Chris D: What's the intention that the redactor to edit/make new notices is a different one than the core one? Or in other words: Could you consider to use the core one in the next upgrades... pretty please. ;):)

No, it won't happen. One is for editing HTML and one is for editing BB code so they are different things anyway. The one used in Xen Notices is more like the default Redactor 8 before our BB code modifications to it.

Found a "Glitch": Even with "Enable Navigation Tab Link" deselected, "Notices" shows up in the Navigation Tab Bar while in Responsive mode (See screenshot). If non-responsive mode (desktop) and with enough space, it does not show up.

screenie.webp

Interesting. This isn't happening for me on my UI.X style but it is on the default style.
It happens in UIX somewhat different: Click on "notices" and load the page and then check out the OffCanvas menu tabs in UIX: You will see a "create notice" tab appear but without the "notices" nav tab parent... bam.

@Chris D in XenNotices under "display setting" "Other", using custom CSS class name: where does is look for the custom css? I used to have it in gritter notifications.css but that no longer seems to work.

This is fixed in version 1.0.2.

Okay... CLOSE, but... When you are on the "Notices" page in responsive mode and then check the UIX OffCanvas Navigation you will see that a "blind passenger" smuggled itself into it, under "Member" tab. "Create Notice". It is NOT visible on any other page other than "Notices"... Please check it with UIX. The XF default style is now clean and green.

Thanks!

Bildschirmfoto 2015-12-08 um 11.28.27.webp

Okay... CLOSE, but... When you are on the "Notices" page in responsive mode and then check the UIX OffCanvas Navigation you will see that a "blind passenger" smuggled itself into it, under "Member" tab. "Create Notice". It is NOT visible on any other page other than "Notices"... Please check it with UIX. The XF default style is now clean and green.

Thanks!

View attachment 123550
OK. I've fixed it properly now.

I was trying an approach that hid the navigation tab, but kept the sub navigation tab links visible. Unfortunately this approach is a little too "out there" for most styles to handle, so I'm just doing it the good old fashioned way now.

OK. I've fixed it properly now.

I was trying an approach that hid the navigation tab, but kept the sub navigation tab links visible. Unfortunately this approach is a little too "out there" for most styles to handle, so I'm just doing it the good old fashioned way now.

Confirmed! Now we can call it a day... ;) Thanks for the great response on the issue.

I hope we have the option for the Float Notice to come back every time a page is refreshed? Even though it's dismissed.

I hope we have the option for the Float Notice to come back every time a page is refreshed? Even though it's dismissed.
No, not if the user dismisses it.

However, you could use the standard functionality of notices to achieve something similar. For a floating notice, set the Display Duration to a few seconds and don't allow the notice to be dismissed. Members will then see the notice for a few seconds before it disappears and it's will reappear again on every page refresh.

Top Bottom