Xen Notices [Deleted]

I added some notices (2) and had complaints from members whom use iPhones, they said it blocks the screen and "sometimes" they cannot properly x out of the notice. Can this be made not to show on mobile devices?

@Chris Deeming

Is possible to change the notification to the middle of the screen?

Thanks
No. Just the corners.

I added some notices (2) and had complaints from members whom use iPhones, they said it blocks the screen and "sometimes" they cannot properly x out of the notice. Can this be made not to show on mobile devices?
Right the code I gave you had a typo. :p I forgot to capitalise the W in "wide". Try this

Code:
@media (max-width:@maxResponsiveWideWidth)
{

#GritterContainer {display:none;}
}

@Chris Deeming

Can you consider to add this feature on a next update?

Thanks

You could use the custom class from that specific notification and add something like the following in your EXTRA.CSS template or use the left property depending on what position you have notifications set as.

Code:
#gritter-notice-wrapper {right: 50% !important;}

Screenshot_32.webp

Last edited:
I cannot edit my notifications' content. I edit the text and some options (fading, timing etc) and the content does not change after the save.

I even tried to remove the whole text and save, and still won't do it.

Even if I create a new notification, the behavior is the same, after my initial input in the text field, it won't change no matter what.

@Chris Deeming you're still admin on my site, you can have a quick look or if you don't have time let me know how to troubleshoot this. :)

Last edited:
It's probably to do with the TinyMCE rich text editor.

The best thing to do is to disable Rich Text Editor in the Admin CP options.

Hows about ipad? Still shows.
Works just fine on iPad and Android tablets in portrait view, the notification disappears as expected. It is visible in landscape mode on both as they are displaying the website in full ie their horizontal resolution is greater than @maxResponsiveWideWidth. This is as expected.

For the sake of specificity, you may need to define it in EXTRA.css as:

Code:
@media (max-width:@maxResponsiveWideWidth)
{
    .Responsive #GritterContainer {display:none;}
}

Works just fine on iPad and Android tablets in portrait view, the notification disappears as expected. It is visible in landscape mode on both as they are displaying the website in full ie their horizontal resolution is greater than @maxResponsiveWideWidth. This is as expected.
I don't like my forum cluttered with pop ups covering the content, it's annoying and users complain on small devices, the notification works well on a desktop and clears the content.

Where did I say no?

I suggested some alternative code. Does that work? Martok also confirmed it does work on iPads in portrait view. Does it work for you in portrait view? Is it only landscape view it still displays?

Top Bottom