Xen Notices [Deleted]

Oh I see. You're being over sensitive again.

No, don't worry. You'd know about it if that was the case and, hey, all I did was answer your question.

Sorry if you mistook the tone for anything else.

Oh I see. You're being over sensitive again.

No, don't worry. You'd know about it if that was the case and, hey, all I did was answer your question.

Sorry if you mistook the tone for anything else.

Erm, right ok.

Oversensitive again?

I didn't realise I had been before here...

Anyhow, case closed.

Strange behavior (bug?) I am experiencing.....

After upgrade to 1.2.1 I am trying to create a new notification with a link in it.

But the link does not 'take" and, in fact, goes away when I look at the editing window the next time. I tried both editing the raw HTML and using the link button.

Detail....
1. I created the notification and just posted the raw link in at the bottom - it is to a forum thead.

2. Since it doesn't auto-link, I instead created the link in BBedit and pasted it in and saved it using the HTML edit form. It showed up in the editing window in Notifications, but didn't take. After I saved and went back, it was gone.

3. I tried the same thing using the anchor link in the editing window - same deal, it disappeared.

I'm going to start from scratch and create a new notification to see what happens.

Edit - I tried changing the CDN in the options. No go. See the screens below. One shows the link properly - after I hit save, it reverts back to the URL itself instead of the working link.

More info:

1. Starting from scratch and entering it perfectly the first time works - but any changes in the text box don't take....if you edit it again.

2. Another strange behavior is that an error messages asks me to enter something in the notification color box (says: enter some text) even through dark is selected and is already in there! Selecting any color fixes that and allows the notification to save.

3. No errors are recorded in XF.
I've got exactly the same problem.

Noticed too that indeed it works when starting from scratch with the notification, but make new changes and you're screwed again.

Seems to happen only with links. I first noticed this when I tried inserting a Facebook Like Box (in an <iframe>).

I have xF 1.2.1 and Notifications 1.6.2.

If you let me know what PayPal account e-mail you used to purchase I will send you the details.

@Chris Deeming, I seem to have found a bug with {birthdays}.

Today a notification popped up to tell everyone it was someone's birthday. However, their birthday is on 4th January, not 4th October. I checked the server date and time and that was fine. I changed their birthday to something else (notification stopped) then changed back to 4th January and it came up again. I then changed my birthday to 4th January and the notification told everyone it was my birthday. However, the birthday greeting for me (which doesn't use {birthdays}, just the built-in birthday criteria) didn't pop-up. Checking the database, the dob_month value for this person is correct at 1 (and was 1 when I changed my birthday to 4th January).

What I guess is happening is that it is interpreting dob_month as 10 instead of 1, hence getting the birthday wrong. I'm therefore guessing that it will flag up all of January's birthdays this month too.

Hi Chris,

Having an issue where I'm not able to edit an existing notification properly. I am able to change the title, but not the text within it.

Would you be able to look into this for me?

Thanks,

Worked on my iPad. I think it might be sorted... For now at least.

How would I turn off the rich text editor within this add on anyway?

@Chris Deeming, I seem to have found a bug with {birthdays}.

Today a notification popped up to tell everyone it was someone's birthday. However, their birthday is on 4th January, not 4th October. I checked the server date and time and that was fine. I changed their birthday to something else (notification stopped) then changed back to 4th January and it came up again. I then changed my birthday to 4th January and the notification told everyone it was my birthday. However, the birthday greeting for me (which doesn't use {birthdays}, just the built-in birthday criteria) didn't pop-up. Checking the database, the dob_month value for this person is correct at 1 (and was 1 when I changed my birthday to 4th January).

What I guess is happening is that it is interpreting dob_month as 10 instead of 1, hence getting the birthday wrong. I'm therefore guessing that it will flag up all of January's birthdays this month too.
As a follow-up to my last post, I was correct - {birthdays} is notifying January birthdays this month. Today it flagged up someone whose birthday is on 6th January.

Top Bottom