XF 1.5 x amount of posts to post NEW thread.

User group promotions. Set your criteria and add anew user group.

Under the nodes permissions, revoke the create thread permission on registered, and allow it on your secondary user group.

Is there a plugin that easily does this?
Why do you need a plugin for something that's simple to set up?

1. Create a secondary user group
  2. Create a user group promotion based on "User has posted at least X messages" and adding them to the secondary user group
  3. In the specific node, revoke the "Post new thread" permission for the Registered user group (seeing as everyone should have the Registered group as their primary user group)
  4. In the specific node, allow the "Post new thread" permission for the secondary user group
That's it, it's as simple as that.

Why do you need a plugin for something that's simple to set up?

1. Create a secondary user group
  2. Create a user group promotion based on "User has posted at least X messages" and adding them to the secondary user group
  3. In the specific node, revoke the "Post new thread" permission for the Registered user group (seeing as everyone should have the Registered group as their primary user group)
  4. In the specific node, allow the "Post new thread" permission for the secondary user group
That's it, it's as simple as that.
Thank you, is there a way to easily "copy" permissions from one user group to a new one or do I have to manually cross reference them all?

Thank you, is there a way to easily "copy" permissions from one user group to a new one or do I have to manually cross reference them all?
I think you need to read this guide on XenForo permissions:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/implementing-permissions-across-multiple-user-groups.358/

XenForo permissions are designed to be cumulative. There is no need to copy permissions from one user group to another. For secondary user groups you simply change any permissions that are different from the Registered user group, all of the rest can be left as Not Set (No).

Top Bottom