1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Chris D, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's only when you start looking at other WYSIWYG editors that you begin to realise how good TinyMCE actually is.

I know it has problems - but most other WYSIWYG editors have exactly the same problems.

As some of you know, I've got an add-on which allows you to create notifications.

I decided that, rather than a plain textarea, I would have a rich text area that accepted HTML code. So I tried several editors. CKEditor, SCEditor, CLEditor, Redactor, jWYSIWYG... none of them are very good at all - at least no worse than TinyMCE.

In the end, I've decided to implement TinyMCE in my add-on. I'm achieving this by using the version of TinyMCE included with XenForo, but calling it with a completely different set of options and without the XenForo specific plugins. I now have a familiar looking editor (with some options removed) that accepts HTML.

I know it's not perfect, but anything that is a good and functional replacement has to be something special.
  2. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Off topic, but you sir, just posted enough information... That I may have a job for you

PM sent.... Please think it over.