1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WYSIWYG Editor is not working properly in AdminCP

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by Mr. Goodie2Shoes, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Mr. Goodie2Shoes Well-Known Member

So I was trying to change the basic editor for one of my add-ons to WYSIWYG and this is what I get:
    The editor is only taking less than 70% of the width, two of the buttons are gone and the text area has only one line.... am I missing something?
    Digital Doctor likes this.
  2. cclaerhout

cclaerhout Well-Known Member

If it's inside the admin panel, you can set up the simple theme, the advanced theme (for both you will need to upload all plugins & themes) or to specify the XenForo theme (I think it's what missing here). Check your JS init config.
    Chris D likes this.
  3. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

I'm not good with Javascripts :(
  4. cclaerhout

cclaerhout Well-Known Member

Try to include this template "editor_js_setup" inside your customized template. The XenForo Init code for TinyMCE is there.

But on question, this TinyMCE will need pure HTML? If yes, I think you will need to create a new Init config file.
    Chris D likes this.
  5. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

How are you loading the editor into the template?

You may need to define a custom ViewAdmin class.

Maybe refer to XenForo_ViewPublic_Account_PersonalDetails to see how the {$aboutEditor} param and its contents are passed to the relevant public template. It may be a good reference point to help work out what the requirements are to make it show.

EDIT: C├ędric makes a good point. If you're working with BB Code you should be fine. But if you're working with HTML then it's a bit of a different ball game.
  6. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Included that template... still nothing
    And, no I don't need HTML, BBCode will do the job perfectly.
    I used the signature template as reference.... and I've already defined a new ViewAdmin class.
    Chris D likes this.
  7. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Okay, I just added the editor_css:
    <xen:require css="public:editor_ui.css" />
    All the icons of the editor bar are now visible, but the smilies are invisible and the grey area is still visible...
  8. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

It would be nice if Xenforo pages could use XF's native BBCode editor.
    Mr. Goodie2Shoes likes this.