WYSIWYG Editor is not working properly in AdminCP

Mr. Goodie2Shoes

So I was trying to change the basic editor for one of my add-ons to WYSIWYG and this is what I get:
WYSIWYG.PNG
The editor is only taking less than 70% of the width, two of the buttons are gone and the text area has only one line.... am I missing something?

cclaerhout

So I was trying to change the basic editor for one of my add-ons to WYSIWYG and this is what I get:
View attachment 36714
The editor is only taking less than 70% of the width, two of the buttons are gone and the text area has only one line.... am I missing something?
If it's inside the admin panel, you can set up the simple theme, the advanced theme (for both you will need to upload all plugins & themes) or to specify the XenForo theme (I think it's what missing here). Check your JS init config.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
How are you loading the editor into the template?

You may need to define a custom ViewAdmin class.

Maybe refer to XenForo_ViewPublic_Account_PersonalDetails to see how the {$aboutEditor} param and its contents are passed to the relevant public template. It may be a good reference point to help work out what the requirements are to make it show.

EDIT: Cédric makes a good point. If you're working with BB Code you should be fine. But if you're working with HTML then it's a bit of a different ball game.

Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Try to include this template "editor_js_setup" inside your customized template. The XenForo Init code for TinyMCE is there.

But on question, this TinyMCE will need pure HTML? If yes, I think you will need to create a new Init config file.
Included that template... still nothing
And, no I don't need HTML, BBCode will do the job perfectly.
How are you loading the editor into the template?

You may need to define a custom ViewAdmin class.

Maybe refer to XenForo_ViewPublic_Account_PersonalDetails to see how the {$aboutEditor} param and its contents are passed to the relevant public template. It may be a good reference point to help work out what the requirements are to make it show.
I used the signature template as reference.... and I've already defined a new ViewAdmin class.

Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Okay, I just added the editor_css:
Code:
<xen:require css="public:editor_ui.css" />
All the icons of the editor bar are now visible, but the smilies are invisible and the grey area is still visible...