XF 1.4 Wrong prefix name firefox/chrome

ŽivaAkcija

hi i notice diferent prefix name in chrome which is wrong, on firefox are ok.

Firefox are ok:

oie_Dop3LRDIZ5h8.webp

Chrome very weird:Got diferent prefix name?

oie_THzWfJzBrDz9.webp

Other text appears to have been translated, too.

I guess Google Translate must be automatically translating the page contents. There is usually a symbol for this that appears in the address bar, clicking it will allow you to control it.

no i use this code in EXTRA CSS

Code:
.prefixPsi:before {
    content: "\f1b0";
    font-family: FontAwesome;
    padding-right: 4px;
}

.prefix.prefixPsi {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 rgb(83, 84, 53);
    border-color: #5d6977;
    border-radius: 4px;
    color: black;
}

when open new thread and choose prefix in chrome got diferent setup

oie_qFmgNujGhZ7p.webp

In Firefox works ok:

oie_oQca4s3Z1cvh.webp

If you're logged in to the site in different browsers in different accounts, are you sure you're using the same language in each?

Are you certain Chrome isn't automatically translating the page into a different language?

The prefix system uses phrases. Have you translated these yourself in the Admin CP? I hadn't mentioned it up to now as I assumed you would have known.

Really, there's a logical explanation for this so it's either being automatically translated, you're getting confused about which language you're using or you have translated the phrases yourself and forgotten.

but prefixes are the same on both language

Prefix on Serbian/Psi its a same on Croatian(words with the same meaning), on English are Dogs and when jump on english prefix stay at same, what phrase i need to translate i dont understand?

Probably worth a follow up in case anyone runs into something similar.

When you create a prefix, the title you enter is converted into a phrase. For example, the first thread prefix will have a name of thread_prefix_1. The second one you create will have a name of thread_prefix_2 etc.

You can then translate these phrases in each language.

Phrases aren't automatically deleted when the prefixes are deleted so this is something to bear in mind.

To find all prefixes that have been translated; search each language for phrases with titles containing thread_prefix_ and delete them as necessary.

Top Bottom