I have setup normal input with menu.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 12.54.25 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 12.54.25 PM.webp
    5.1 KB · Views: 95
Here is my template:
HTML:
<xf:formrow label="{$label}" rowtype="input">
        <xf:textbox name="schedule[publish_date]" data-xf-click="menu" aria-expanded="false"
                    value="{{ $date ? date($date, 'Y-m-d g:i A') : '' }}"
                    data-xf-init="tl_schedule_time_picker"
                    data-element=".date-input--field"
                    aria-haspopup="true" readonly="true" />

<div class="menu" data-menu="menu" aria-hidden="true">
            <div class="menu-content">
                <h4 class="menu-header">{{ phrase('tl_schedule.publish_date') }}</h4>
                <div class="timePicker--wrap">
                    <span class="timePicker--wrap--text">{{ phrase('date') }}</span>
                    <xf:dateinput value="{{ $date ? date($date, 'Y-m-d') : '' }}"
                                  data-name="date"
                                  class="flex--grow date-input--field" />
                </div>

<div class="timePicker--wrap">
                    <span class="timePicker--wrap--text">{{ phrase('tl_schedule.hour') }}</span>
                    <div class="flex--row">
                        <xf:callback class="Truonglv\Schedule\Util\Callback"
                                     method="renderSelectHour"
                                     params="{'class': 'flex-grow date-input--field'}">{$date}</xf:callback>
                    </div>
                </div>
            </div>
        </div>
    </xf:formrow>

Why not instead do something like this:

HTML:
<xf:formrow label="{{ phrase('dbtech_ecommerce_purchase_date') }}" rowtype="input">
    <div class="inputGroup">
        <xf:dateinput name="purchase_date" value="{{ $license.purchase_date ? date($license.purchase_date, 'picker') : date($xf.time, 'picker') }}" />
        <span class="inputGroup-splitter"></span>
        <xf:textbox type="time" name="purchase_time" value="{{ $license.purchase_date ? date($license.purchase_date, 'H:i') : date($xf.time, 'H:i') }}" />
    </div>
</xf:formrow>
Seems like the way that's laid out is over-engineered and more complicated than it necessarily has to be, not to mention less user friendly. The user has to click an input box which the browser will tell them they can't interact with (readonly), then click to interact with your menu. Compare that with just seeing the two picker fields right there on the page.

Fillip

Thank you for reporting this issue. It has now been resolved and we are aiming to include it in a future XF release (2.1.0 B7/RC1).

Change log:
Fix menu positioning with very wide triggers (wider than the menu). They will now be centered in relation to the trigger, rather than left/right aligned. Prevent the menu arrow from ever being positioned in such a way that it's not "connected" to the menu.
Any changes made as a result of this issue being resolved may not be rolled out here until later.

Top Bottom