Cannot reproduce Wrong administrator colour

FTL

Affected version
I believe this to be a bug, but perhaps it's a caching issue or something. Here goes.

These are the usergroup username css definitions that I have for each usergroup type:

Founder: orange
Admin: red
Mod: green
User: blue

This problem happened after I changed the primary group for admins to Registered from Administrative and ticked Administrative for the secondary user group, as per the XF recommendation when I had a bit of an ACP settings cleanup today.

The colours were correct, except for the admin which looked green. No obvious reason for it as the numbered priorities were correct. I unticked Moderating for one admin account and saved it: the user turned red. I ticked Moderating and it stayed red. This means that the same setting had two different results and hence looks like a bug to me, triggered by setting the primary user group initially to Administrative.

I did this trick for the other admin accounts where it fixed those too. Looking at the Members tab now shows everyone in their correct colours.

Note that the incorrect colour had been showing in more than one web browser, too.

Affecting latest XF v2.2.11, but I'm pretty sure the problem has been in earlier versions, too.

I've attempted to reproduce this but have been unable to.

XF doesn't care whether a user group is primary or secondary in terms of user name styling.

So being primary Administrator or primary Registered with secondary Administrator in this context is essentially the same thing and there is no logical reason you would see a different result.

I had a feeling it would be one of those hard to pin down, fleeting things. Thanks for looking into it.

By the lack of responses, it doesn't look like people are generally seeing this, either.

So being primary Administrator or primary Registered with secondary Administrator in this context is essentially the same thing and there is no logical reason you would see a different result.
Indeed.

Top Bottom