XF 2.1 Administrator permissions

ck2020

When I go to our user group permissions, why would our "Administrative / Administrator" role have nearly no privileges? They have less permissions than someone unregistered. Is that some sort of bug from our import possibly? At this point, I should put YES in every slot though correct?

Thanks, silly question probably...

When I go to our user group permissions, why would our "Administrative / Administrator" role have nearly no privileges? They have less permissions than someone unregistered. Is that some sort of bug from our import possibly? At this point, I should put YES in every slot though correct?

No need to put yes unless it is to override something in they proimary user group[ (which would be registered) . At that is their primary they have all the permissions of the registered group already. They get all their admin access as defined in the Groups > staff > Administrators (ie what they can see and do in the ACP)

I think the main point of an adminstrator secondary user group is to assign any moderator permissions, access to private admin discussion forums and style them differently if you want.

Must is a strong word,

Must was meant to mean if you want the permissions to work in the way intended. I am sometimes somewaht of a maverick so I can understand wanting to do things differently - but then you need to be aware that things may not always work as you would like!

Top Bottom