• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.4 Wrap Posts in Paragraph Tags Rather than Using Line Breaks

Right now this is how the HTML for a post is outputted in Xenforo. I've replaced the <> with []:

The first line of my post. [br /]
The second line of my post.[br /]
[br /]
An empty space above this line of text.

Is there a way to make it parse the posts like this instead?:

[p]The first line of my post.[/p]
[p]The second line of my post.[/p]
[br /]
[p]An empty space above this line of text.[/p]

Thank you!

I think content of xenforo is wrapped by blockquote tag. And it use br for line break. If replace br tag to p tag, you should replace blockquote tag to div tag too. And it's good for seo. Wait for guiding.

Optic

@tohaitrieu I think @SurferJon wants to adjust the behaviour of the ENTER key in the editor.
  • Currently in XF pressing ENTER uses <br> line breaks.

• I know in IPB their editor uses <p> for each line and pressing SHIFT+ENTER would give you <br> line breaks. This is better for semantic HTML, but maybe more difficult for mobile users. Comes down to expectations and expected results I suppose.
Maybe @Xon or @cclaerhout might have some ideas. ;) (they've done add-ons that manipulated the editor in the past)

Having said that in XF 2.0 they're switching editors... might be worthwhile making a XF suggestion to add an option for adjusting the ENTER behaviour in the editor.