WOW

I'm not up on all the options (I have no idea on about 90% of the options in our current product) ... hey you don't have time to read books, I don't have time to spend hours on individual forums :)

This is why I think the hover on avatars would be awesome, as admins some of us tend to forget how the average user (who doesn't really know or care what the software is) will actually use the software.... I have some customers (who are admins themselves) who - well let's just say they don't spend all day clicking the buttons - the software is a tool to them to talk about what they love or are passionate about, I can almost guarantee that Jethro will not be alone in how long it takes to discover that the avatar is clickable... it took me several days to realise.

I only use about half the options available to me on my current software :p

That's a vB word, it seems to be called just navigation here :)
That's correct, though it's very difficult even for Mike and me to get out of the habit of using terms like 'postbit', 'forumdisplay', 'threadbit' and 'navbar' ;)

That's correct, though it's very difficult even for Mike and me to get out of the habit of using terms like 'postbit', 'forumdisplay', 'threadbit' and 'navbar' ;)
Well, y'all did spend a long time using those terms....so now you just need a new vocabulary. Liz

I was told those were industry standard terms?

xf terminology may be a good thing to discuss at some point?

Well, y'all did spend a long time using those terms....so now you just need a new vocabulary. Liz

Yes I suggest using "primary_nav" "secondary_nav" etc, not that I'm currently upgrading a theme for a product that uses those terms currently or anything :oops:

I agree this forum script is just amazing, when I found it I had to laugh because I bet vBulletin are now "running around like headless chickens" can you imagine, once the word gets out, all the vBulletin usres who will migrate over to this awesome script.
I personally will be the first on the list to buy it.

"vBulletin- I think that's what is called Karma"

This is why I think the hover on avatars would be awesome, as admins some of us tend to forget how the average user (who doesn't really know or care what the software is) will actually use the software.... I have some customers (who are admins themselves) who - well let's just say they don't spend all day clicking the buttons - the software is a tool to them to talk about what they love or are passionate about, I can almost guarantee that Jethro will not be alone in how long it takes to discover that the avatar is clickable... it took me several days to realise.

I only use about half the options available to me on my current software :p

I so agree with you on this one Dragonfly, I also have to remind myself that most of the visitors to my websites do not have the same unhealthy interest in the programming language and are only there for the information they require, this is why xenForo looks so good, although it is programmaticly very advanced, the developers have achieved this is a most intuitive way, I can see the day to day internet users just loving this script, everything appears to be exactly where it should be and makes for very easy navigation.

I Love It

I also have to remind myself that most of the visitors to my websites do not have the same unhealthy interest in the programming language and are only there for the information they require

I Love It

It's easy enough to forget, when as an Admin you spend all day tinkering under the hood, that most people don't give it much thought, just so long as it looks good and works well.

Fortunately xenforo has both! As you say, very intuitively.

That's why it's so easy to love :D

I agree this forum script is just amazing, when I found it I had to laugh because I bet vBulletin are now "running around like headless chickens" can you imagine, once the word gets out, all the vBulletin usres who will migrate over to this awesome script.
I personally will be the first on the list to buy it.

"vBulletin- I think that's what is called Karma"
The only disadvantage for XF is the smaller feature list and missing CMS. But polls have shown that not everyone will wait for the CMS or these missing features.

Modifications will also take some time to catch up with the big companies.

It's actually pretty decent, and was one of the first BBS to have built-in FURL. The interface isn't great, but at the end of the day, it gets the job done.

It's what I used to use before I discovered IPB and vB.

Sorry but I still stand by YUCK... I have personally tried a number of different BB platforms, from BBPress to phpBB to IPB and vB but I have never seen one as ugly as that is.

Sorry but I still stand by YUCK... I have personally tried a number of different BB platforms, from BBPress to phpBB to IPB and vB but I have never seen one as ugly as that is.
I don't know man, the Test Drive neon light with car keys really makes it stand out from the rest.

And you get a 90 day money back guarantee, that's hard to beat :eek:

I didn't say it wasn't ugly, I was just saying it had a pretty good feature set for its day.

Anyway, it's all a matter of perception. But we're getting off-topic.

I don't know man, the Test Drive neon light with car keys really makes it stand out from the rest.

And you get a 90 day money back guarantee, that is hard to beat :eek:

Your right I might just part with my $99 right now based JUST on that **lovely** test drive neon sign...

How can you say no to this
test_drive_p2.jpg

Top Bottom