Would you use Xenforo if KAM stopped developing?

Would you continue to use XenForo minus KAM?

• Yes

Votes: 27 73.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do I say its "no longer" being developed??

http://xenforosucks.com/2012/07/25/xenforo-1-2-vaporware/

Hope none of you suckers are waiting for Xenforo 1.2. It isn’t coming.

Screen Shot 2012-09-17 at 1.49.52 AM.webp

Interesting that the OP is from xenforosucks.... would seem to indicate an agenda.

Here is a quote:
Xenforo has a court date of 15th January 2013. That means it’s still over 5 months away and by then Xenforo 1.1 will be over 10 months old or some **** like that. Just way to long to be on the market these days with no major updates.
To which I respond, vB has gone years without a major update (other than bug fixes and paid add-ons) to their product. Just being objective, it seems that there is a different standard being applied. And it looks like it will be years further until a usable product is "on the market."

To the original question though, I decline to answer because it seems to open to many interpretations. As it stands, no one else except KAM are involved in Xenforo. It is kind of like asking, would you buy an iPhone if Nokia started making them? That said, I see no reason to have worry about a product that I find much better than any other on the market. I am staying with XF for the foreseeable future.

He also aged the current release, which was released only 2 months ago.... In January if there is no update between then and now, the current version will only be 6 months old.... Again as pointed out... Not old or out dated at all.

Clearly an agenda through propaganda.

I think it's a reasonable question considering how many people invested in XenForo because Mike and Kier were the developers.

Assuming, for whatever reason, Mike and Kier were no longer involved in XenForo and it was developed by other people - would you continue to use it?

why is everyone so obsesed with updates?

• if it works it does not need updates
  • if it works it does not need patches
  • if it does not work it needs updates
  • if it does not work it needs patches
I know which i prefer....

there seems to be two types of people around these days:-

one that *****es because of all the patches & updates they "are always getting" who are also usually the ones *****ing because there are no updates.... so something must be wrong (this applies to SW, tv's phones & pretty much everything that changes fairly fast)

one that just gets on & is more than happy that the developer actually delivered a working product rather than have to beta test for them & paying for the privelige.

The question is about who develops XF and whether you'd stick with it if someone else other than Mike or Kier developed it?

as it will come down to who owns the code, at the end of the case it will either belong to KAM or VB............ there are no other options, no one else is going to miraculously take control.

After the case the owner will decide what happens to XF, it may no longer exist if VB get it, if KAM get it then why would they not continue to develop it?

The question is not related to the case or anything specific - it is a very simple hypothetic based on the idea that many people invested in XF because of who the developers were - so if, for whatever reason, Xenforo was no longer developed by Mike and Kier and instead developed by someone else, would you still use it?

The question is not related to the case or anything specific - it is a very simple hypothetic based on the idea that many people invested in XF because of who the developers were - so if, for whatever reason, Xenforo was no longer developed by Mike and Kier and instead developed by someone else, would you still use it?
Haha... I had to stop writing this post... I didn't want to get accused of bashing a competitor :rolleyes:

All I'll say is KAM made vBulletin 2.x-3.x what it was and they made XenForo what it is. That's two awesome products they've made.

Hell, if IB took over XF development and KAM went on to develop PHPBB... well, PHPBB would be awesome.

Silly question... it depends who it goes too... Kiers kids, Mike's kids when he has some, or Digitalpoint, sure I'd use it.

it is the product i am interested in, then the buisiness behind it.

Anyone can have a good "one off", KAM have had 3 so far, ergo it is likely their future work will be similar.

if XF continues in its current form then i would be loath to move on as long as the company was still up to the job, if KAM went elsewhere and developed a better product i would concider following.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom