1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you use Xenforo if KAM stopped developing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by David_, Sep 17, 2012.

?

Would you continue to use XenForo minus KAM?

1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    73.0%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    27.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David_

David_ Active Member

I realize the script is fantastic, I dont think that's ever been a question. But a good question is, would you continue to support and buy Xenforo if KAM were no longer the developers?

Let's assume it was taken over by anyone EXCEPT INTERNET BRANDS, would you still pledge allegiance here?

It's a yes or no poll. There are no other factors other than KAM are no longer here, and IB doesn't run the place. You can continue to use XF for as long as you want, but knowing there will be no more updates from the 3 amigos.

Results are hidden for your privacy.

2. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

*copies-n-past previous post*

If you want the best, get Xenforo, if your missing something you want, hire someone to create it.

In the end you'll have a better running/looking/functioning forum than you had before.

3. Non Guru

Non Guru Member

Is this true? I mean KAM officially stated they were no longer developing XF ?
    Where is the thread?

4. David_

David_ Active Member

5. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Ah here we go again.

*exits failboat

Brandon Sheley and Adam Howard like this.
  6. Non Guru

Non Guru Member

jadmperry likes this.
  7. David_

David_ Active Member

PM me any Problems or questions.

I really dont want this thread hijacked or derailed.

He asked a question and got an answer

Non Guru likes this.
  8. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Ill use it until something better comes along (dont see that happening any time soon).. I could personally care less if it was developed by Santa Clause.. (unless IB owns Santa to)

vVv and David_ like this.
  9. psTubble27

psTubble27 Well-Known Member

Nothing is true other than dev being temporarily paused while the trial is going on. David is posting propaganda as an IPB stooge once again. There's a good pycheck coming at the end of the month, except that, if he weren't so transparent, it would've been heftier. Oh well, there's next time.

Yeah, facepalm. Rofl.

8thos and Adam Howard like this.
  10. David_

David_ Active Member

Really? He asked a question and I gave him a link to a reply directly from a staff member.

I'd say you can collect your Xenforo LTD check, but no one can find KAM to write it so...

No where do I say this has happened, it was a simple question about who would continue to use XenForo if KAM have left. You can keep your thread hi jacking else where. Besides where have I recommended IPB to anyone on these forums? Feel free to post a link or PM it to me so we can keep this thread on track.

11. psTubble27

Yeah the quote says that dev is temporarily paused while the trial is going on. Nice try.

12. David_

David_ Active Member

So even you admit that XenForo is currently not being developed then.

Anything else?

13. psTubble27

No, nothing else, what I stated was in all official releases visible to all.

14. David_

David_ Active Member

Cool, glad we can agree that XenForo isn't being developed then.

15. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

Well i am not in rush my site is doing pretty good community is increasing /it's pretty active so i can wait year or two and see what happens !

16. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

:ROFLMAO: ^^ True story.

17. psTubble27

There's a difference between temporarily and "no longer". Dunno why this is so hard for you.

Digital Doctor, vVv and Adam Howard like this.
  18. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

BINGO ! ! ! !

And that is the goal of some of the people who have registered. There are some people who are tying to undermine XenForo with fear and doubt to hope to bring up sales .... Else where.... I know one company (no names) which actually makes it part of their marketing strategy to go on other sites and hint or suggest that there is another company or product which is better.

That is what you see here often. YES, I said often.

There are some people who do have their valid concerns. This is true.

But there are those here who have an agenda. And when they speak... Of course those who are naturally concern also speak and this has a snow ball effect.

vVv likes this.
  19. David_

David_ Active Member

Where do I say its "no longer" being developed??

20. psTubble27

Exactly. Thank you :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.