Would you move to XenForo Forum (alone) or wait for XenForo with CMS?

Hemanth

Ok, a follow-up poll for the thread Is there a CMS Planned? to approximately measure the customer mindset!

I've read here and in vB.com that a lot users will buy a Xenforo license to play with it but a portion of them (including me) won't make the actual move to it in the Forum only state.

It seems many users think that a forum only website is concept of the past and for better traffic, user experience, ads & revenue we need conent pages and a well integrated system to manage it. We are in need of a simple, efficient, fast, easy to use, good-looking CMS to manage our articles, news and reviews.

So please vote and tell us what you think? Once released, would you use XF for your website as a Forum only package or would you wait for the CMS integrated version to be released?

Every forum I own or admin pulls content out to a front page so a CMS or bridge is very important to me. However that doesn't stop me buying one licence to play around with.

The CMS is important, but (sorry to go offtopic a bit): the Blogs are more important to us. Because we use vB3.8 with those Blogs and without any CMS. If it will come with Blogs and I am seriously going to consider it, although I am also a bit interested to see what Internet Brands comes up with in 6-12 months. If I have to choose between vB4.0 and XenForo alpha x.x.... then the choice is sooo obvious. It's not even a choice really... ;).

CMS is minimally important to me. To switch I need a 3rd party to re-write their software to work with xF if they are willing to, but he doesn't know if he will until xF is released so he can look at it.

It depends which forum we're talking, I will upgrade without CMS for at least one of three forums I run. For the other two I think I'm going to wait for a CMS.

So I can't really vote just one option here.

Short Version: I'll take the Forum only please! ASAP! :)

Not really interested in a built-in CMS, a GOOD bridge to Wordpress and I'd be one happy puppy :: snoopy dance ::
I'm pretty sure that a Wordpress bridge will be an early mod if Mike and Kier don't plan on doing one, it'd be really REALLY nice to have a fully integrated and supported one though.

I'm not that interested in a fully fledged built in CMS. Leave CMS development to the CMS developers. But maybe something very lightweight, just to allow a friendly home page and a simple plugin architecture, a la CMPS.

But as has been mentioned by several other folk, bridging to my existing CMS's is important. So I think the effort would be better spent building a good API to make it easy for bridge developers. Like those nice folk at JFusion. Hint hint.

So far I like what I see, and it's good to see Kier back in the saddle. Keep up the good work.

-- hugh

XF Forum-only is just fine to start off a new community.
Once my Forum will be populated with a few members and posts, I am sure there will be some neat add-ons available in the future.

No need to bombard the developers with "CMS"-questions all day long, give them the time they need !

Top Bottom