Would you move to XenForo Forum (alone) or wait for XenForo with CMS?

Hemanth

Ok, a follow-up poll for the thread Is there a CMS Planned? to approximately measure the customer mindset!

I've read here and in vB.com that a lot users will buy a Xenforo license to play with it but a portion of them (including me) won't make the actual move to it in the Forum only state.

It seems many users think that a forum only website is concept of the past and for better traffic, user experience, ads & revenue we need conent pages and a well integrated system to manage it. We are in need of a simple, efficient, fast, easy to use, good-looking CMS to manage our articles, news and reviews.

So please vote and tell us what you think? Once released, would you use XF for your website as a Forum only package or would you wait for the CMS integrated version to be released?

Heh I guess I missed it (is this like losing the game?).
From Grover's link ... what do you folks see here ? :confused:

http://dev.vbulletin.com/
Are you referring to:
2bdffdb322bf4ed584386af.png

Who in hell needs a CMS? What happened with the old nice HTML/PHP sites? Hah. I'll stick with the forum only and maybe get a CMS if there is one released and worth using! :)

Who in hell needs a CMS? What happened with the old nice HTML/PHP sites? Hah. I'll stick with the forum only and maybe get a CMS if there is one released and worth using! :)

+1 depending if the CMS is way better than the shambles I'm currently looking at currently on my computer. A tad of css/xhtml/php goes a long way imho.

Personally for me I plan on waiting to see how things go before completely changing to XenForo. I'll need to see how easy/hard it is to implement changes, install add-ons, & skin it before making my final decision. All the talk in here is great and helps, but I would need to see how it works first or at least wait a bit to see if others are satisfied with it before purchasing.

well i wasted 285 bucks (now thats more 90% of Indians who do not make this much even after a month's hardwork!) for vbCMS and would obviously love to see a working CMS with xF... i think the competition now gets really tough as IB has finally gotten a rude wake-up call by way of introduction of xF... but the bottom line is that xF simply would not survive the competition without a out of the box user friendly CMS and a robust Blog... the next year could be tricky for both vB and xF!! All the Best!

well i wasted 285 bucks (now thats more 90% of Indians who do not make this much even after a month's hardwork!) for vbCMS and would obviously love to see a working CMS with xF... i think the competition now gets really tough as IB has finally gotten a rude wake-up call by way of introduction of xF... but the bottom line is that xF simply would not survive the competition without a out of the box user friendly CMS and a robust Blog... the next year could be tricky for both vB and xF!! All the Best!
How will they not survive the competition... None of the competition have a 'user friendly cms' or a 'robust blog'.

There are already plans by the community to create missing features to fill the void that XF currently can't (Due to time constraints and focusing on the forum), and chances are there will be a blog and CMS/portal feature as a modification.

How will they not survive the competition... None of the competition have a 'user friendly cms' or a 'robust blog'.

There are already plans by the community to create missing features to fill the void that XF currently can't (Due to time constraints and focusing on the forum), and chances are there will be a blog and CMS/portal feature as a modification.

I agree, none of the competitions have a usable blog or CMS system. you are better off using Wordpress or Joomla for those scripts. So I really do not see that as a downfall of XenForo.

Right now vBulletin is crippled due to them trying to integrate a CMS and blog. They left the door wide open for a company like xenForo to come and take away their customers. The main question is, will xenForo make the same mistakes as Internet Brands and bite off more than they can chew.

That's what we call grasping straws, seeing how negative the community is, then trying to keep those users who are in doubt about switching. Because they know they have customers who don't realize that they have to pay *again* for code that was not stable a year ago, and won't be in a year from now.

Marketing spin, and more false promises.
Yeah that's how I felt too... Like whoop-de-do a list of stuff we plan to do, shown here in no particular order...
The list has a kind of a mud* up on the wall feeling to it, to me...

*or something that looks like mud but smells worse

Top Bottom