Would these errors cause server to crash?

Can you access the server yourself via command line? I still suspect this could be io related, as that ps file doesn't really show anything out of the ordinary

Can you access the server yourself via command line? I still suspect this could be io related, as that ps file doesn't really show anything out of the ordinary

Hi Matt,

Ive just been on the phone to my host and hes shown me how to use putty and view top-c

Ive been sitting here for sometime watching top-c.

Server load varies between 2 and 6 then all of a sudden will shoot upto between 13 and 20.
The log dosent give too much info, just states /public_html/index.php

Any other hints and tips to help me resolve this really appreciated. Still crashing at least twice a day :(

What is on top of the top command during high loads?
mysql? Apache? How many Apache processes do you see?
Have you optimized my.cnf for Innodb ?

What is on top of the top command during high loads?
mysql? Apache? How many Apache processes do you see?
Have you optimized my.cnf for Innodb ?

Thanks for your reply.

This is totally driving me barmy, especially as I dont know what im really loolking for.
When the load goes high, it seems to be the same stuff as when its at a normal level. Its quite difficult to watch as it moves so fast.

I havent dont anything to the vps. I bought it as shared hosting was too limiting. As I say, I have no idea whats going on and starting to feel really fed up. I currently supply a shoutcast licence to the local radio station and when everything stops, so does the station :(

At the moment the figures are 0.54 / 2.77 / 4.08
But about 10 minutes ago it went up into the 19's!

I spoke too soon! Just after posting the above its shop upto 12. heres a screen shot.

11.webp

Hmm, that is rather high! All the top processes are Apache.

What version of apache and MySQL are you running? As the username for apache is your account, I take it you are running suPHP or fcgi?

Hmm, that is rather high! All the top processes are Apache.

What version of apache and MySQL are you running? As the username for apache is your account, I take it you are running suPHP or fcgi?

Hi Matt,

Without asking the host, this is what I can see in my cpanel.

MySQL - Currently installed:5.0.96

• CENTOS 5.9 i686 virtuozzo – server1
  • WHM 11.38.0 (build 13)

That's a really old version of MySQL, they are on 5.5 now.

I suspect you don't have much optimisation done.

You can upgrade MySQL via WHM.

At command line, type

php - v

That will output the details for PHP

Hi Matt,

First time ive looked at the MySQL in the control panel and can see the version ive got was EOL December 2011.

Version 5.5 is available for me to upgrade. Im guessing that wont cause any issues with my current Xenforo installations?

As for PHP - This is the result that command came back with.

PHP 5.2.9 (cli) (built: Jul 1 2010 02:54:37)

php.webp

Version 5.5 is available for me to upgrade. Im guessing that wont cause any issues with my current Xenforo installations?

5.5 is fine with Xenforo.
During the upgrade, your forum will be down for a short time.

If you have any other applications running on the server, check if they are fine with Mysql 5.5

BTW, you should update PHP too, 5.2 is outdated

Just running through the MySQL update, will then update WHM.

As for PHP, can that be updated via the control panel like MySQL?

WHM -> Easyapache. Choose current settings and then PHP 5.4
But wait until the mysql upgrade is done.

You don't need to update WHM manually, just set the security updates to automatic and it will update itself tonight.

So far not so good with the MySQL update. Says there are errors and it had to be aborted. Website now has Internal server error. Just trying to re-run it again.

Just finished the mySQL upgrade, however now my website wont work. Any tips?

It asks me to download a file that contains

<?php

$startTime = microtime(true);
$fileDir = dirname(__FILE__);

require($fileDir . '/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php');
XenForo_Autoloader::getInstance()->setupAutoloader($fileDir . '/library');

XenForo_Application::initialize($fileDir . '/library', $fileDir);
XenForo_Application::set('page_start_time', $startTime);

$fc = new XenForo_FrontController(new XenForo_Dependencies_Public());
$fc->run();

http://www.AirportCityGame.com

http://www.AirportCityGame.com

Have you updated apache / PHP using easy apache ?

Hi Matt,

Apaprently there was a few issues during the update. Its currently with my host at the moment whos sorting out the issues.

I didnt get around to updating apache/php , only MySql. Will be updating php when host has got everything back up and running.

Hi,

Still having issues with my server load :(

Yesterday I upgraded MySQL to the latest version and the same with PHP. There were a few glitches along the way meaning it took the host several hours to fix errors - which they wasnt too impressed about.

Anything I should be looking at, load is currently 6.38 , 7.14 , 9.12

Top Bottom