Would these errors cause server to crash?

DaveL

[Fri May 31 13:13:00 2013] [error] [client xxx.xx.xx.62] File does not exist: /home/airportc/public_html/js/as.js, referer: http://www.airportcitygame.com/index.php

[Fri May 31 13:12:40 2013] [error] [client xx.1xx.xx5.120] File does not exist: /home/airportc/public_html/js/as.js, referer: http://www.airportcitygame.com/index.php?threads/it-came-from-outer-space-new-ios-quest.3064/

[Fri May 31 13:12:34 2013] [error] [client xx.xxx.2xx.223] File does not exist: /home/airportc/public_html/js/as.js, referer: http://www.airportcitygame.com/index.php?conversations/hello.4375/page-2

Error log is full of the same error, often seconds apart.

Also, does anyone know what the file is that appears to be missing?

It's looking like an add-on, because that js file is being included in your header

<script src="js/as.js?_v=3067a8be"></script>

And to answer your question, no, a missing file like that would not cause your server to crash.

Thanks for all the replies :)

Ive had a load log sent to me from my host. Apparently something to do with my Xenforo installation is casuing the server to crash and reboot several times a day. Im currently on a VPS.

%CPU - 7.2
%MEM - 2.1
COMMAND - /home/airportc/public_html/index.php

The logs full of these entries. Im at a bit of a loss and not sure what to do.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all the replies :)

Ive had a load log sent to me from my host. Apparently something to do with my Xenforo installation is casuing the server to crash and reboot several times a day. Im currently on a VPS.

%CPU - 7.2
%MEM - 2.1
COMMAND - /home/airportc/public_html/index.php

The logs full of these entries. Im at a bit of a loss and not sure what to do.

Any help greatly appreciated.

I find it doubtful that on a correctly configured server that a simple xenForo installation would be causing it to crash. More likely they
  1. Are using OpenVZ for your VPS and have oversold
  2. Using OpenVZ and running a RHEL software for the main OS and have installed the exploit fix (this was killing several of RamNode's OpenVZ servers)

Is it the same times every day (which could indicate a cron task)?

Do you have any add-ons installed?

Thanks for the replies. It seems to be happening a various times throughout the days.

Time: Sat Jun 1 08:39:48 2013 +0100
1 Min Load Avg: 15.83
5 Min Load Avg: 6.02
15 Min Load Avg: 3.74
Running/Total Processes: 29/167

These are the current add-ons I have installed:

Custom BB Code Manager
Easy Table BB Code
Login as User
NUNS
Smilie Importer
Who Has Visited
Xen SSO Master
XenPorta
XenUtilities
Tag Me

If you have terminal / ssh access to the VPS, you should run TOP and look at what exactly is using all the CPU. A load of 15.83 is pretty high to be honest. It could be that you are on an over sold VPS node and another VPS is using all the disk I/O

That is extremely high load for a VPS. What are your VPS specs (how many CPU cores, RAM, etc.)?

That is extremely high load for a VPS. What are your VPS specs (how many CPU cores, RAM, etc.)?
I know its 1024 MB RAM, not sure how many cores.

I think ive narrowed it down to an add-on I installed around the time it started to happen. Ive since disabled the add-on and asked the host to keep and eye on things to see whether we have any more high loads or crashes.

I know its 1024 MB RAM, not sure how many cores.

I think ive narrowed it down to an add-on I installed around the time it started to happen. Ive since disabled the add-on and asked the host to keep and eye on things to see whether we have any more high loads or crashes.

Yeah, that's fine. I've seen crashing and high loads and such when people try to run too much off of a tiny VPS, but the 1GB of RAM should suit you fine for a forum. When you get the high loads, run top, top-c, etc. from SSH, and see if there are any processes doing weird things.

Unfortunatly it wasnt the add on I disabled causing the problems. Server still seems to be crashing due to high loads.

Yes...those loads are ridiculously high. You need to figure out what is causing those loads.

Attached is a file my host sent me showing mew all the procceses that are running. I dont suppose anyone could have a look and try and help me get to the bottom of this please!

Attachments

Top Bottom