Would my current layout be possible with XenForo?

Bain

I am considering jumping over to XenForo within the next month. So far, most of the forums I have seen are keeping the same design and layout, with mainly color changes.

With my current forum layout I have placed my communities in a unique place by themselves, as far as competition goes. I would like to know if the current layout would be possible using Xen. Would it require a lot of work?

The current design I have took me roughly 10 hours.
Not only are the forums/categories side by side, but the sub forums are as well.

ailayout.jpg

You should be able to achieve that with template edits.
It would require quite a lot of customisation though but nowhere near 10 hours work I suspect.

I haven't seen any XF forums yet to do forum names side by side.
Nor has anyone made a recent posts module.
I'm sure it will come.
If you wish to display forums side by side, and not just sub-forums, it should be simple enough.

I attempted just sub-forums and ran into issues because of how similar the markup and code was ;(.

I am moving servers right now (from a (dv) extreme to a (ve) 2GB server @ MediaTemple). I may try and sell 2 of my IPB licenses and purchase a XenForo.
If I could get the layout to have forums and subforums side by side (and it appears I can do this easily) then you'll have a new customer in the near future.

It's definitely faster than IPB.

If you accomplished this in IPB I have no doubt whatsoever that you'll do this easily in a fraction of the time. Just so you know, I did make a suggestion regarding subforums in columns which I thought looked nice and saved tons of space. You may want to visit that thread and post giving it more chance of being implemented. :)

Does anyone here have experience running NGINX? I will be getting rid of apache and running it (NGINX) on Ubuntu 10.04.
What accelerators is recommended for this? Memcache or XCache?

Top Bottom