World Cinema Forum

I really like the header look as it gives me the feeling of a movie theater before the show starts. Depending on the width of the browser though, things don't remain centered as it seems the left side is fixed width. See below.

WC1.webp

This gets worse though when going a bit narrower as the next shot shows.

WC2a.webp

and when scrolling over to the right...

WC2b.webp

That is really my only comment. Again I like the look of the header. Maybe you could expand on that and have your logo appear in the center of the blackened header, fading in like a movie starting...

BTW I will pass this site along to my nephew, a big movie nut.

I really like the header look as it gives me the feeling of a movie theater before the show starts. Depending on the width of the browser though, things don't remain centered as it seems the left side is fixed width. See below.

View attachment 44669

This gets worse though when going a bit narrower as the next shot shows.

View attachment 44670

and when scrolling over to the right...

View attachment 44671

That is really my only comment. Again I like the look of the header. Maybe you could expand on that and have your logo appear in the center of the blackened header, fading in like a movie starting...

BTW I will pass this site along to my nephew, a big movie nut.

thanks a ton Robert. the width problem is with the old version browsers. The template support team said this is obvious with fixed width templates and it is impossible to rectify because the whole style has to changed. Not yet sure if its the same with latest version browsers. Can you tell me which browser and version you're using.

Thanks again :)

thanks a ton Robert. the width problem is with the old version browsers. The template support team said this is obvious with fixed width templates and it is impossible to rectify because the whole style has to changed. Not yet sure if its the same with latest version browsers. Can you tell me which browser and version you're using.

Thanks again :)

Sure. Just checked at home with the latest FF and Chrome, both with the same result. If you can, post a screen shot of the Style Propoerties: General: Page Width Controller section. Something is amiss. :)

I can replicate the issue Robert detailed in any version of any browser. The problem occurs because of the method used to position the two background graphics either side of the main content. Specifically:

Code:
.pageWidthAlt {
    margin: 0 auto;
    width: 1184px;
}

Removing the width element fixes the problem in terms that the page will now collapse correctly but unfortunately that causes the two aforementioned background graphics to miss-align. A single, centred, background graphic would easily fix the issue but that comes with a slight bandwidth payload i.e. an increased image size.

I would also consider getting a professionally designed logo that reflects more the content of your site. Here's one I mashed together earlier :D

wcf.webp

In general your site looks pretty good though and I wish you the best of luck with it (y)

Sure. Just checked at home with the latest FF and Chrome, both with the same result. If you can, post a screen shot of the Style Propoerties: General: Page Width Controller section. Something is amiss. :)

Thanks Robert, I have shown this discussion to the theme developer and he is working on what zappaDPJ has said. Hopefully the problem will be rectified. :)

I can replicate the issue Robert detailed in any version of any browser. The problem occurs because of the method used to position the two background graphics either side of the main content. Specifically:

Code:
.pageWidthAlt {
    margin: 0 auto;
    width: 1184px;
}

Removing the width element fixes the problem in terms that the page will now collapse correctly but unfortunately that causes the two aforementioned background graphics to miss-align. A single, centred, background graphic would easily fix the issue but that comes with a slight bandwidth payload i.e. an increased image size.

I would also consider getting a professionally designed logo that reflects more the content of your site. Here's one I mashed together earlier :D

View attachment 44826

In general your site looks pretty good though and I wish you the best of luck with it (y)

Thanks a lot zappa, you are awesome. I have forwarded what you said to the theme developer and he is working on it. Hopefully the issue will be fixed soon. :)

I loved that logo. Can i use it?, Thanks once again.

I loved that logo. Can i use it?, Thanks once again.

It was really just a rather thrown together example of what your forum might look like with a logo designed around the forum theme. It's pretty generic and not particularly good but if you like it you are more than welcome to use it :)

I've cleaned it up a bit and attached it as a png file so it'll look reasonable no matter what colour background it sits on. You'll need to adjust the logo height setting. In case you don't know how to do this, from the admin control panel go to Styles > Style Properties (of the appropriate style) > Header and Navigation > Height of Header Logo which should be set to 96px and click the 'Update Style Settings' button.

Attachments

• logo.webp
    logo.webp
    8.9 KB · Views: 22
Nice looking theme.

I would personally add in some better suited node icons, possibly have a different nodeicon per forum I just don't think the red characters convey very well the niche of your site. But otherwise great looking forum nice job.

Top Bottom