Now on my current dev copy, I have changed usergroups around with their permissions. I understand that stuff like changing forums, modifying users cannot be saved when I convert the real site. However, if I do this. Will this work?
1) I convert my currently running vB site to Xenforo.
2) I use the import option that retains IDs.
3) I mysql import my settings from my dev install (so I don't have to go through 100 settings again) and overwrite the live copy, changing the settings that require base URL etc.
4) I mysql import my notices/trophies/languages from DEV install etc so I don't have to do that again.
5) I want to do the same for my restructure forums, moderators and admins. However, I feel since there is lots of linked data via mysql that this isn't a good idea. However, I don't wanna have to go through hours of re-tweaking this stuff, as downtime is no fun
This just a downside to a software convert?