Lack of interest workflow to make an user to admin/mod

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
R

ragtek

if i want to create an mod/admin i need to:

go to acp
search for the user & edit him
click on Make this user an administrator in the user edit page)

to get to the admin page ( or go direct to the administrators page, but i prefer this way, don't know why)

SO, wouldn't it be better to get direct to the "admin perms page" and have his name inserted when clicking on ( Make this user an administrator in the user edit page)

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Actually, you can just click the "moderators" or "administrators" link on the sidebar - that's the primary way in really. Those links are mostly there to try to direct people away from the idea that changing a user group makes someone a mod/admin.

Though I take the point.

Next annoying point: Even the user is a admin/mod, the link says: "Make this user admin/mod.."

Would be nice to have an option along the lines of "make visible as moderator" rather than hacking at templates, I believe Brogan made a guide table for various settings you'd need to choose to have some as a visible or hidden mod, is all that really necessary?

This one was really annoying :p

Solution:
admintemplate user_edit

search for
Code:
<xen:set var="$_userChangesHtml">
<xen:if is="{$user.user_id}">
<xen:if is="!{$user.is_moderator}"><a href="{xen:adminlink moderators}">{xen:phrase make_this_user_moderator}</a></xen:if>
<xen:if is="!{$user.is_admin} AND !{$user.is_moderator}">/</xen:if>
<xen:if is="!{$user.is_admin}"><a href="{xen:adminlink admins}">{xen:phrase make_this_user_administrator}</a></xen:if>
</xen:if>
</xen:set>

replace with

Code:
<xen:set var="$_userChangesHtml">
                    <xen:if is="{$user.user_id}">
                        <xen:if is="!{$user.is_moderator}"><a href="{xen:adminlink moderators/add, '','username={$user.username}'}">{xen:phrase make_this_user_moderator}</a></xen:if>
                        <xen:if is="!{$user.is_admin} AND !{$user.is_moderator}">/</xen:if>
                        <xen:if is="!{$user.is_admin}"><a href="{xen:adminlink admins/add, '','username={$user.username}'}">{xen:phrase make_this_user_administrator}</a></xen:if>
                    </xen:if>
                </xen:set>

This will redirect you direct to the form, where you're able to create the admin/mod and the username will be inserted automatic, instead of redirecting to the list, where you need to click on "create new mod/admin" and insert the username:p

Top Bottom