• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lack of interest workflow to make an user to admin/mod

R

ragtek

if i want to create an mod/admin i need to:

go to acp
search for the user & edit him
click on Make this user an administrator in the user edit page)

to get to the admin page ( or go direct to the administrators page, but i prefer this way, don't know why)

SO, wouldn't it be better to get direct to the "admin perms page" and have his name inserted when clicking on ( Make this user an administrator in the user edit page)

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Actually, you can just click the "moderators" or "administrators" link on the sidebar - that's the primary way in really. Those links are mostly there to try to direct people away from the idea that changing a user group makes someone a mod/admin.

Though I take the point.

R

ragtek

Next annoying point: Even the user is a admin/mod, the link says: "Make this user admin/mod.."

ChemicalKicks

Would be nice to have an option along the lines of "make visible as moderator" rather than hacking at templates, I believe Brogan made a guide table for various settings you'd need to choose to have some as a visible or hidden mod, is all that really necessary?

R

ragtek

This one was really annoying :p

Solution:
admintemplate user_edit

search for
Code:
<xen:set var="$_userChangesHtml">
<xen:if is="{$user.user_id}">
<xen:if is="!{$user.is_moderator}"><a href="{xen:adminlink moderators}">{xen:phrase make_this_user_moderator}</a></xen:if>
<xen:if is="!{$user.is_admin} AND !{$user.is_moderator}">/</xen:if>
<xen:if is="!{$user.is_admin}"><a href="{xen:adminlink admins}">{xen:phrase make_this_user_administrator}</a></xen:if>
</xen:if>
</xen:set>
replace with

Code:
<xen:set var="$_userChangesHtml">
                    <xen:if is="{$user.user_id}">
                        <xen:if is="!{$user.is_moderator}"><a href="{xen:adminlink moderators/add, '','username={$user.username}'}">{xen:phrase make_this_user_moderator}</a></xen:if>
                        <xen:if is="!{$user.is_admin} AND !{$user.is_moderator}">/</xen:if>
                        <xen:if is="!{$user.is_admin}"><a href="{xen:adminlink admins/add, '','username={$user.username}'}">{xen:phrase make_this_user_administrator}</a></xen:if>
                    </xen:if>
                </xen:set>

This will redirect you direct to the form, where you're able to create the admin/mod and the username will be inserted automatic, instead of redirecting to the list, where you need to click on "create new mod/admin" and insert the username:p