- They may (via warning) or will not (via outright ban or warning) receive a conversation message. Irrelevant, since they cannot read the conversation whilst banned
- May (if they have chosen to receive emails for new conversations) or will not receive an email notification of the ban. And if they do receive an email, full message text may not be received since the board options may be not to send full message text with email notifications.
- When they visit the site, whilst banned, they are redirected to a 'ban page' that tells them they are restricted and banned, and may (if given during warning/ban process) be informed briefly why they were banned.
First, some configuration/functional changes:
- Add 3 user group permission for "View your personal conversations", "Reply to your personal conversations", and "Send Personal Conversation to Banned Users" This way, we can setup a 'Bannned Users' group, and enable banned users to still read existing conversations, but not reply to them or start new ones. We also ensure that only Mods or Admins can send conversations to banned users.
- Add 3 tickbox options to warning actions for "Send email notification", "Send email notification with full text", and "Send conversation".
- Add a tickbox on warning definitions of "Use within immediate bans", to allow you to select this when giving outright bans (see next point below)
- When giving an outright ban, in the pop-up add a dropdown value box to select a defined warning (or a custom option as per current functionality), as well as the same 3 tickboxes ("Send email notification" (as per this suggestion), "Send email notification with full text", and "Send conversation") for warning actions above.
- Update the 'ban page' (page auto redirected to when banned user visits site) to show length of ban (as per this suggestion). If the ban triggered a conversation, give a direct link to the conversation (assuming above suggestion to add user group permissions to view conversations when banned is implemented).
- Also on the 'ban page', if the ban was derived from a warning action due to accumulated points, show the list of warnings received (inc. dates) and the points for each that are the basis of the ban. Also link to the post for which the warning was received, if applicable.
- Be able to read the conversation that contains the ban reason, but not reply to other conversations or start new conversations.
- Receive an email notification of the ban, with the full text of the ban reason (regardless of whether the site sends conversation full text as standard)
- See from the ban page when their ban expires, and also if it was due to points accumulation what were the warnings received that led to the ban