Wordpress

kortia

I am moving my site to a wordpress site, can it be a page of the site? or do I need tro do a subdomain name? name.domain.com? or can it be domain.com/forum ? I have racked my brain for a year looking for a good forum software. I ahve never done one, and need it very very badly. I need to know if I need to wait until my site is moved? or can I use it on multple sites?

Install Wordpress in the root
Install Xenforo in /community subdirectory.

There is a Xenforo Wordpress bridge - xenscripts.com
There is also Style integration - XenDynamic - it pulls your Xenforo Style and styles Wordpress.

Can you tell me the difference between xenscript's bridge and the one made by xfrocks?
Well, I think the choice is between excellent and excellent with benefits !

== xenscripts only features ==
W3 Super Cache support (caching is important).
adds options to create new threads on the forum for each Wordpress article.
store Wordpress comments as thread replies on the forum
syncing avatars between the two.
Both are good but xenscript's has better support.
xenscripts continues to improve compatibility with Wordpress addons.
xenscripts WP addon is still being actively improved.
website dedicated to the addon.
$39 for an actively supported, bridge is crazy cheap.
HTH. :)

I have another question that this all brings about as we finish up the new site. Would it be better to just set up a sub domain name "name.domain.com" or should I actually make it a part of the website? I would think making it a part of the website would be better, however when I cancelled my trial with Vanilla (550.00 a month) he threatened If I used anyone elses forum software I would be hacked. I was not sure to take it as a threat because I canceled there service. They do make you call to cancel and they are not happy when you do!

XenForo is an excellent forum software and Jaime does an excellent job supporting the WP-XF bridge. Integrating the blogs and forum is an excellent way for users to see more of your site. In the past week (since getting more of the site moved and organized), we've seen the number of returning visitors increase and time on the site also increase.

Top Bottom